Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Nature's Eid  (Read 172 times)
Nature
Sis

Reps: 795

« on: Oct 21, 2013 02:53 AM »

Assalamu alaikum!

I organized Eid on campus this year again - it was completely INSANE to do, but I'm glad we did it in the end. I'll skip the stressed student stories  and tell you how the day itself went.

Early in the morning on Tuesday, a person in each dorm on campus went around to each room and put a 'Eid Mubarak!' card with a chocolate in front of everyone's doors. (Complete with cartoon of a sheep, courtesy of one of the Arab guys!) I got up and put on some new clothes - I felt very fine indeed when people were just in their usual pyjamas and student get ups! All day long people said Eid Mubarak and asked what it was about. I hugged my friends and the other Muslims, got lovely messages from people I've known telling me Happy Eid! We had time for a very quick word in assembly explaining what the Muslims were celebrating. Unfortunately, we had no Eid prayer,  Sad due to some complications as I mentioned above, and I actually felt very bad about that, but I couldn't help it, so I prayed two rakaat on my own. It was a hectic school day, but at dinner time I managed to rush to my room, put on a proper Eid dress and rushed to the dinner that the Senegalese family on campus were holding. It was wonderful to eat such good meat, courtesy of the wonderful Senegalese family sharing their udhiya with us, after not having touched meat in so long - I leaned against my friend, ate wonderful food as people laughed and took photographs, and almost fell asleep right there on the couch! I rang my family and talked with them for a long time. At the end of the day, it made up for all for the stress and complications to see how happy the other students were, and how much the celebration made them feel at home - we also welcomed a new Muslim into the community! She chose to become a Muslim on campus -  Shocked I couldn't believe my ears when she told me, so many Muslims do exactly the opposite! She also lives in my old room - 'Muslim fairy dust' perhaps?

This year has been a promising one so far, alhamdulillah. Keep my Yemeni friend in your prayers, she is very ill at the moment. Please pray that the next Eid finds us all just as happy and content, and that this year is filled with blessings for all of us.

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2777

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2013 12:38 PM »

wsalaam,

pictures or it didn't happen!!!  j/k Smiley ur eid sounds so beautiful mashaAllah. may Allah reward you for how much dawah you're doing on campus!! and mmm agree with you abt the meat. someone gave us some lamb, can't wait to cook that up!!

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2013 01:59 PM »

There is a taste in Eid meat that no other meat ever has.

Mashallah your Eid sounds insane, may Allah reward you for your tireless dawah at school and may that sis who took her shahdah be the first of many and may Allah encompass you and them in his mercy and ease your paths for you.

Much love (always love love love reading about your school days lol)

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reps: 253

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2013 08:43 AM »

Aaaah I envy u sis. It seems you enjoyed ur day. Can you imagine at an Islamic University nothing happened. This was the least expected eid I've ever had. Will try to write 2 or 3 sentences when I get time InshaAllah. Continue the good InshaAllah in future you'll be able to pray in Jamaat.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: