// The Massacre of Karbala
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "I desire Allah to give me an everlasting life in this world, in order that, while mankind are engrossed in the pleasures of the world and forget Allah, I may observe the rules of religion amidst the affliction (fitnah) of the world and remember Allah." - Ibrahim Khawwas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Massacre of Karbala  (Read 579 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Nov 12, 2013 04:26 PM »

The Massacre of Karbala - Dr. Yasir Qadhi
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2013 08:44 PM »

wow thats a beautiful narration mashallah.

Jazakallah khayr

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2013 06:51 AM »

Still have to watch this...was following live tweets from it from his site (MuslimMatters) though.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2013 03:39 PM »

You seem to be a big Yasir Qadhi fan these days akhan!! Such a controversial subject, pretty interesting he took it on... Listening right now so will give an update of some thoughts!!
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2013 04:50 PM »

I think he's trying to be factual.

It explains the historical context of the Shia and Sunni schism.

Yasir Qadhi can be a bit much at times tho.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2013 06:15 AM »

You seem to be a big Yasir Qadhi fan these days akhan!!
Been one since a very long time Smiley
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2013 06:21 AM »

I believe the sectarian issue is a banned topic on the board right? But one of my closest friends who is Shia, shared with me some comments from social media, saying that the fasting is a fabrication from Ummayads. I know the hadith where the Prophet( SAW) commanded us to fast on 10th is from Sahih Bukhari..therefore trustworthy...but could there be truth to this at all? Just seems this is where enmity arises...when on a tragic day in our history, we are doing something unrelated to that event...though fasting itself is a somber and reflective activity in itself, yes?

Just trying to understand things..so those of you who are more knowledgeable on such things, can enlighten me if appropriate. Maybe this is better for a private convo too, if someone wants to "volunteer" hehe.

Jazak'Allahu Khairan in advance.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2013 07:10 AM »

The fasts of Ashura pre-date the Karbala incident, it was done in the lifetime of the beloved Prophet (saw), it is because Musa (AS) would fast on this day in thankfulness to Allah for being delivered from Pharoah, and on this day Nuh (AS) was saved from the flood and Yunus (AS) was safely delivered from the belly of the whale.

The Martyrdom of Hussein (RA) did not happen till well after his grandfather (saw) passed away, the fasting pre-dates it by several decades. It pre-dates Shiaism.

anisafatima

Reputation Power: 0
anisafatima is not to be trusted!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2013 06:34 AM »

Salam in a Hadith it is found that Holy Prophet commanded Ummah to observe fast on the tenth of Zulhajjah as Jews of Arab used to observe in order to commemorate their freedom from Pharaoh as that was accredited by Hadrat Musa (Moses) (AS). In another Hadith Holy Prophet (PBUH) forbade Muslims from imitation of Jews therefore he commanded Muslims to observe Fast on three consecutive days i.e. ninth, tenth and eleventh of Muharram.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2013 06:59 AM »

it's two consecutive days the ninth and the tenth or the tenth and eleventh

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2013 02:15 AM »

Sr Fozia - Yup I was aware of the fasting not being related to Imam Hussein's martyrdom, but I got some feedback from a Shia Muslim brother, who is a public figure here in the States (director of the Michigan Chapter of CAIR) who said that the fasting in no way disrespects the tragic event (only because some misinformed Shia Muslims make that accusation). And this brother even said Hz. Hussein himself would support this act of fasting, as his own loyalty or main allegiance was towards Allah and the values of the Prophets - thanks for taking the time to post the clarification nonetheless.

BABA
 desibro

P.S. Here is his statement/post on the topic: http://dawudwalid.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/al-husayn/

And I've just seen he posted a response to Sh. yasir's speech and what he disagrees with, but I won't comment on that as I still haven't listen to the lecture yet, but here is the link if anyone is interested: http://dawudwalid.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/points-of-disagreement-with-dr-qadhis-speech-the-massacre-of-karbala/

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2013 07:24 AM »

Thank you for sharing, I feel like crying... I have never really understood what happened, but this was quite concise and I am happy to have heard a Sunni point of view on this (in English - Urdu seems to go over my head in religious matters). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: