Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: To admonish your brother in private is to advise him and improve him. But to admonish him publicly is to disgrace and shame him. - Imam Shafi (rahimullah)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreign actors battle for stardom in Bollywood  (Read 218 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 18, 2013 12:17 PM »

I find this an interesting sign of the times... I used to like Bollywood movies because they used to be family oriented entertainment dramas with pretty costumes. Many of the actors, singers, writers were Muslim and I think that made what they used to show more conservative... ie never kissing, rarely showing skin, never touching seedier topics etc. Now with the influx of foreigners and 'sex sells' attitude invading the films, they can get as nasty as every other film industry. Bollywood films were loved all over the world for their simple family drama stories. I think they were even allowed in communist Russia and north Korea because of that!

I also think that Indians really need to have a rethink on how all this foreigner/white skin/sex/item numbers etc are affecting their society. Anyone who doesn't see a correlation with the gang rapes etc going on there has blinders on.

===============
Foreign actors battle for stardom in Bollywood
Mumbai is attracting a growing band of foreign actors hoping to make their fortune in the planet's most exuberant and musical film industry
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24867345

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2013 02:06 AM »

I agree with you Sis J, both on the quality and character of the films and the issue as it relates to Indian society. That is a big part of what India needs to decide on - what kind of nation does it want to be, etc

They certainly don't make those nice love stories anywhere, that the late Yash Chopra used to make. I mean, there have been some classy movies, that had intimate scenes but that were done tastefully (I always like to point out Parineeta here). I am glad that these actresses don't last long...but obviously there is a large volume of Europeans that are the background dnacers and of course, they are willing to show more skin....I'd rather have the Indian dancers that are on a green, grassy hill just a bit off center from the two lovers, doing traditional dance moves etc. Those were the good old days - and I was  late bloomer as far as watching Bollywood films were concerned. My cousins were much bigger on films than I was.

Plus, Rani is on her wait out now (one more film coming)...marriage on the horizon it seems.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: