// In Nashville, Tennessee
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “I have often reflected upon the new vistas that reading opened to me. I knew right there in prison that reading had changed forever the course of my life. As I see it today, the ability to read awoke in me some long dormant craving to be mentally alive.” Malcolm X quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Nashville, Tennessee  (Read 656 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Dec 01, 2013 03:38 AM »

Bismillah,

So, 3 of us - all drivers - decided to visit my sister in Nashville, Tennessee. We got a rental car and left Minneapolis, Minnesota at 8 pm Tuesday night and I arrived Wednesday morning at 9 am. It's a 13 hour drive. We only stopped for gas.

We gave experienced Southern Hospitality, made new friends, visited a few Islamic Places and other attractions.

The best and memorable place Islamically is the Islamic Center of Tennessee. It's big, its beautiful and it serves it purpose so well, it's impressive. Here is the website:

http://theictn.org/

They have Halaqas - 3 daughters of the new friend we made and who invited us for lunch at her home are attending an all night Halaqa tonight. They are ages 9, 7 and 5. Their Dad drove them  to the Masjid. These kids are being raised in the Islamic tradition at home. Qur'an on TV, Nasheeds, Madarasa at the Masjid, Salah, Halaqas. It's the second home in which we encountered this. Same at the other one,which had no cable TV except for a DVD player in which only Islamic DVDs for the kids.

Lecture halls with complete auditoriums for both the sisters and brother is within the Islamic Center of Tennessee. The front/main hall has snack area, seats and a reception. The sister's section is spacious as the brothers.

There also the Islamic Center of Nashville, website below:

http://www.icntn.org

And the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro - which had some controversy sometime back - website below:

http://www.icmtn.org

https://www.google.com/search?q=islamic+center+of+murfreesboro&espv=210&es_sm=93&biw=1024&bih=666&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Qq2aUs-gFofnsAT8yoG4CA&ved=0CDQQsAQ

We leave for Minneapolis tomorrow morning, Insha-Allah. Will post the few pictures taken by cell phone later Insha-Allah.

Wasalaam.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2013 03:50 PM »

Walaikum salam,

MashaAllah, what an adventure!! I think I'd be kinda scared to just drive to Tennessee Smiley Glad to hear the Muslims there are doing well. I know they had so many issues about building/expanding their Mosques. It's definitely the heart of the Bible belt down there!! You'd think that would help as Muslims and Christians have so much in common. Sad Glad to hear you experienced some good ole' southern hospitality though! Would love to see the pics of the Mosques,

Safe travels iA  captain
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2013 06:57 PM »

Next time drive a little further south!

Check out Mississippi hospitality!

(Yes, there are Muslim communities in Mississippi!)

There is even:

http://www.muslimmuseum.org/

Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2013 12:27 AM »

Thanks, sis jannah. We came back safe and sound, Alhamdu Lillah.

Maasha-Allah, sis rahma. And its only 6 hours from Nashville! We wanted to visit my niece in Atlanta, GA which is only 3 hours and 42 minutes from Nashville but she was out of town. Are you in Mississippi?

Pics of the interior of the Masjid to follow soon, Insha-allah.

The Almighty Allah says,

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2013 05:00 AM »

Awesome ma'sha'allah, sounds like a great time and yes, good to hear about the community down there.

Yeah, the Murfreesboro controversy and their mosque is still relatively fresh in my mind. I've been following one sister who was very much involved (Syrian, whose father is one of the leaders in the community) so I remember getting updates on that frequently. Anyways, looking forward to the photos....

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
anisafatima

Reputation Power: 0
anisafatima is not to be trusted!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2013 10:35 AM »

It is really a good source and medium for the social interaction of Muslim community. It is helpful in getting information about the people of community. I intended to attend the meeting but I could not attend the meeting as I live in Ashburn that is ten hours drive from Nashville.
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2013 05:08 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Sr.Halima , you were visiting my corner of NA ?? My computer crashed and that is why I haven't been on the message board and just saw this Sad 

Sr.Jannah TN has pretty active Muslim community. My brother moved there last year and is very active in interfaith acitvities . Actually he has Arabic classes at Islamic Center of TN on Sundays I think . So its not that scary Smiley Smiley plus its very beautiful if yo are an outdoor type person Smiley

Sr.Halima where in Atlanta your cousin lives ? May be I know her Smiley

Wasalam
Tamseel
Halima
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2013 05:24 PM »

Sis, I have no idea whete my niece lives in Atlanta. I was going  to ask her for the address while in Nashville but didn't since wad out of town.

The Islamic Center of Tennessee is something to be hold. We don't have anything even close to it here in Minnesota which has a big population of Muslims and it's a real shame. Inside, they have a kiosk in the main hall, sitting areas on two sides of the kiosk, a wide reception area, two corridors - one in front of the prayer halls for both brothers and sisters and the other in front of two auditoriums - one for sisters and one for brothers. The auditoriums are big and used for lectures and conferences.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2013 06:53 PM »

Interior pics. Note: I'll post pics from diiferent angles of the same image or area.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2013 06:59 PM »

More pics.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2013 07:06 PM »

Pics contn'd

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2013 07:41 PM »

Pics with door to the sisters prayer hall...

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2013 07:44 PM »

Sisters prayer hall... that's my sis praying... prayer hall has ramp and more room (if you look at the arch way to far left).

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2013 07:47 PM »

Sisters wuduu area...

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2013 12:20 AM »

One of the auditoriums form different angles...

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2013 12:24 AM »

Auditoriam continued...

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2013 12:26 AM »

More auditorium pics...

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2013 12:53 AM »

That's all folks. Not nice pics but somehow they do.

The Almighty Allah says,

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2013 12:55 PM »

That cafe looks like a really nice idea. Didn't seem like a lot of people using it though? Maybe only at busy times. The prayer area for sisters seems nice and big. That auditorium though is pretty awesome! Never saw anything like it in any Mosque. Great idea for speakers and talks, even kids graduation etc. Cool!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2013 06:54 PM »

Wow, love the auditorium and yes, the cafe...hey, excellent photos Smiley Thanks so much for sharing sis!

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2013 12:42 AM »

It looks like a converted theater. Is that right? What a cool idea, mashaAllah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: