// 10,000 dead in one day...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “I am not concerned that you have fallen / I am concerned that you arise.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10,000 dead in one day...  (Read 210 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 10, 2013 12:39 PM »

Salam,

All those people in the Phillipines dead in one day. It's horrifying. Duas for that part of the world.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013 03:46 PM »

I've only just see this on the BBC.

May Allah have mercy on them.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2013 02:21 AM »

Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'oon  Sad
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2013 06:09 PM »

The pictures are just horrible. Not sure why they haven't been able to set up aid yet. Disasters seem so common these days. Alhamdulillah humanity is so interconnected now we see what happens instantaneously and can send what we can to the far side of the world. Islamic Relief UK apparently is on the ground there now. InshaAllah the people there will get help soon.
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2013 06:23 PM »

Yeah,alhamdulillah some organisations are there already... But I have a friend who's wife is from there, and he says that every year many ppl die in smaller typhoons and storms. It just never makes it to the media. People are very poor, dont have proper housing, live in makeshift houses...easily washed and blown away.  What is complicating this relief effort is the lack of access to the islands, and the coast guard is stretched to the limits.  The people have nothing, they desperately need water, nevermind everything else!!

May Allah help us all, they say this disaster was comparable to the tsunami of 2004/5. SubhanAllah.
Wslm
S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: