// Unimaginable tragedy
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "O Allah, there is no life but the life of the Next World." - Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unimaginable tragedy  (Read 825 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Dec 03, 2013 05:59 PM »

How do you help someone in the wake of an unimaginable tragedy. I know someone who is going through a situation which is worse than a nightmare. Unfortunately I don't want to disclose any information because there is an investigation underway right now...

I know Allah's wisdom is infinite and His reasons are mysterious but it seems like recovery from something like this is insurmountable. I have no words to offer her and she has pretty much lost everything including hope and it all happened in a matter of hours...

I just feel like praying but I don't even know for what. SubhanAllah...

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2013 06:21 PM »

Be there for her, offer practical support, be a shoulder to cry on make sure she gets all the legal and professional help she can.

Make Duas that Allah ease her burdens & has mercy on her and grants her justice and that Allah grant her sabr and peace in this life and the hereafter.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2013 12:30 AM »

May Allah SWT open his Rahma for her. Our Duas for her safety, peace of mind and triumph, Insha-Allah. Ameen. As sis Fozia, said, please be there for her.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2013 05:02 AM »

That sounds heart-breaking....insha'Allah may she be Guided to a solution and better times...can only agree with Sr. Fozia's suggestions.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2013 11:28 AM »

May Allah endow her with Sabr and Taqwa. There is a verse in the Qur'an where Allah is telling the believers that they should not think because they believed they will be left without trials. She should remember that these trials are meant to make us stronger and patience in itself is an act of Ibadah. May Allah give the strength to bear it and may the trials that will ever come in the way of every Madinan be mild that our hearts could deal with.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2013 03:48 PM »

salam

Agree with sr Fozia's advice.  Try to become her rock at this time.  Be a true friend.  Tell yourself that this is not the time for you to become emotionally consumed by this calamity.  It is the time to be supportive and availabe for your stricken friend.   

Pray to Allah for ease of her pain. Pray to Him to give her a Imaan and Sabr during this test. In every salah, in every sajdah.   

This article is useful , I think, for caregivers.   
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/07/opinion/la-oe-0407-silk-ring-theory-20130407
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2013 06:51 PM »

Wasalam,

Some of our trials seem so great that they seem insurmountable, but I know that Allah never tests you with more than you can bear, alhamdulillah.  I live this lesson everyday, I see it in the lives of others...so while you do whatever you can to support her through this time, never give up on dua.  Encourage her also with prayer and dua, only Allah can provide relief, only Allah can help, only Allah can get her through this.

She will surely get through this inshaAllah. We also pray that Allah makes it easier for her and that He helps her and gives her strength to cope. And may He reward you for you concern and efforts to help.

Salam
S.
anisafatima

Reputation Power: 0
anisafatima is not to be trusted!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2013 11:12 AM »

As day, night, good, bad etc are from Almighty Allah (SWT) in the same manner happiness and tragedy both are from Almighty Allah (SWT) as it is test in order to judge faith of a person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: