Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: If someone wants to know what position he enjoys in the eyes of God, he has only to look at what place he gives to God (in his heart and life) - Hakim
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you imagine Obama doing this...?!?!?  (Read 122 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Dec 16, 2013 08:41 PM »

http://www.7daysindubai.com/VIDEO-King-Jordan-helps-motorist-free-car-snow/story-20324547-detail/story.html

VIDEO: King of Jordan helps motorist free his car from snow

A Jordanian driver who was struggling to get his car out of a snow bank in Amman got a shock when he saw one of the men helping to push the vehicle out was King Abdullah II.

Jordan has been hit with a large amount of snow recently in some of the worst winter storms to hit the Middle East in a decade, which has taken many by surprise in the country.

King Abdullah was in Amman overseeing the snow-clearing efforts and was just leaving from a ministerial meeting when he saw the family in distress.

He helped the driver and several others to free the vehicle from the snow before catching a ride back to his palace.

Fortunately for the monarch, he did not require assistance getting his car going.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013 12:00 PM »

I think this was a great photo-op Smiley Camera's just 'happened' to be there. Cars aren't allowed anywhere near the whitehouse anymore, but there's always some cute pictures of Obama playing with his daughters in the snow around this time of year. Queen Rania has some pictures of her in knee deep snow on her extremely popular twitter. I think they realize they have to remain in their population's good graces after the Arab spring.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013 03:57 PM »

salam

I think it is nice, whether it was a photo op or not.  He is well liked in Jordan.

Obama would probably do something like this if it was up to him. But his security agents just can't take the risk of something wrong happening.  Every thing has to be calculated and boring. 

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013 05:02 PM »

Most people are lovely (or so I like to think).

Princes William & Harry have been known to jump out and give stalled cars a push start (no photo as they were not on official business), guy who was helped told the papers an it made a small byline in the papers.

My friends brother was practicing rollerblading in Hyde park corner when he fell, a lady helper him up, made sure he was OK & assured him she also had the same trouble with skates.
Brother was so sure he knew the woman. By the time he figured out it had been the late Princess Diana she was gone.

Fundamental human kindness exists.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: