// Syrian TV airs tragic image of starved boy/Dr. Abbas Khan dead
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syrian TV airs tragic image of starved boy/Dr. Abbas Khan dead  (Read 645 times)
Traveller
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Traveller has no influence :(

« on: Dec 17, 2013 12:07 AM »

World Bulletin / News Desk

An image showing a Syrian boy who starved to death after his family was killed in a bomb attack on his home was shown on Syrian TV.

The boy had apparently lost both his parents when a bomb dropped by Bashar al-Assad's forces destroyed his home.
After being left completely alone, the boy began to wonder the streets looking for food and a place to stay.

With no shoes of his own, he returned to the ruins of his home where he found a pair of his father's shoes to protect his small feet.

He resorted to selling black trash bags to make some money, and would collect pieces of food he found in a small container.
However, it was not enough to save his life, and after disappearing for some time, passerby found his decomposing body, that had been half eaten by street dogs, lying beside his trash bags in an alley.

Presenter Dr. Faisal al-Kasem who broadcast the picture said "After the attack in his house, the child inherited nothing except his father's shoes."

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=124975

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013 11:55 AM »

There is no good news coming out of Syria. It is so absolutely heartbreaking.

The BBC reports that 3/4ths of the Syrian population will need humanitarian aid in the coming year.

This mother has finally found her son in jail, tortured and a skeleton, after going to Damascus by herself to find him: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2485411/Heroic-British-doctor-Abbas-Khan-held-Assads-thugs.html

He says "‘He hugged me and said he was sorry and that he would never do humanitarian work again. He asked how his wife and children were and I said they were fine.

‘He didn’t want me to leave and said that they would never release him. I was breathless and threw myself at the feet of the judge, pleading with him to let my son go."

It's a testament to a mother's love that she even found him.
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013 03:56 PM »

Would you believe it, just as I was reading the article about the mother finding her son, promptly another article came up on my newsfeed saying that he just died, days before his scheduled release.  Sad Sad  Sad Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi la rajioon....
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013 04:35 PM »

Just saw the news as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25414779

La hawla wala qawwata illah billah. Devastating news Sad I am sure they tortured him to death so no questions would be asked. May Allah give him justice. Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajeoon.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2013 05:29 PM »

salam

Inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raj'oon.  I just want to cry.  May Allah have mercy on him and accept him in the hightest abode in Jannah.  May Allah give patience to his family.   La hawla wa la qowwata illa bi Allah.  Please UK people, reach out to his family and give them as much support as you can.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2013 10:09 PM »

Innah lillah wa innah iley hai rajeoon

May allah grant his family sabrun jameel.

MAy Allah send his protection to the opressed of Al Sham.

We know friends of his, his wife wrote a heartbreaking statement.

I can never understand the people who so completely forget there is Allah watching them.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2013 08:52 AM »

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

this is such sad news, subhanAllah.  He tried to help those who needed help no-one else was willing to give, and for that Allah will surely reward him.

opens a reality window for all of us...so easy to forget that not only are there people in need, but there are others who would kill you for wanting to help!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2013 12:46 PM »

Salam,

I've heard his Janazah is Thursday here in London. InshaAllah will try to go....
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2013 03:18 PM »

Just saw it on bbc, did you go sis J?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2013 08:00 AM »

Yes! I was there. I'll tell u guys all about it when I wake up! It was a very inspiring/spiritual experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: