Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's the weather like where you are?  (Read 1033 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2014 08:19 PM »

My South korean friend also said she used to wear 2pairs of pants, and take the outer one off when she got to work. Did this in korea and in Boston, where it gets cold also. The idea appeals to me because even my warmest pants are not really that warm.  But it is not cold enough for that hehe. Alhamdulillah.

Fozia, hope your heating gets sort out asap inshaAllah. Try to keep warm and healthy.  We have all been ill over the last few weeks, am still coughing like an old smoker, and not feeling 100%. 

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2014 12:35 AM »

We had a high of 12F and a low of 3F today. My mum keeps looking at the temperature and tells me that she regrets sending me into such difficulty and then I have to keep telling her for half an hour that there is no difficulty, alhamdulilah.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2014 07:50 AM »

Awwww, aunty is taking it hard...mom's are like that..my Amma was like that too when I went to Prague for those 6 years. But she actually got to her suffer with me for the first winter, when it was -20 C as she came to help me move in February of that school year.

Dang, still really cold there..uff. It's below freezing at night here, but of course, not nearly THAT cold.

Love Chicago, but so glad I don't live there or in NYC/ NE part of the country.

BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Jan 25, 2014 07:54 AM »

Chicago n Northeast are really suffering Sad hopefully spring comes early for them!! Keep ur heater on n keep warm going out. IA it'll be over soon!
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #29 on: Feb 07, 2014 05:36 AM »

We got 4-5 inches today in the metro area (I stuck a ruler in the snow and got 4.25 inches)...one death in a smaller town outside of Portland. We are famous for not knowing how to drive in this weather and tough it wasn't much..we were calling it SNOWPOCOLYPSE. This is the view in my neighborhood. More expeted tomorrow and it won't be melting til the weekend, since it's 19 F / -7 C overnight. Also, my Amma's hospital is on elevation (as is the univ hospital where I'm currently doing research, so I didn't go in as I was supposed to) and though her car has 4wd, it took her 2 hours to get home, using alternate routes, since she drove slowly..the car I use..has the studded tires..which I told her to take before sleeping last night...but she didn't think it was going to be that bad). Anyways, more expected tomorrow...I'll be staying in of course.

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2014 09:01 AM »

subhanAllah Baba, be careful out there, all of you!

May Allah keep you all safe
wslm
S.
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2014 10:18 PM »

Here is my snowman lol.

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2014 01:27 PM »

We rocked 3F until yesterday. There's ice everywhere after a round of freezing rain a couple of days ago. A lot of my friends slipped and fell, I wonder when it's gonna be my turn.
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #33 on: Mar 09, 2014 09:08 AM »

aw man..still rough going there...i fell on my butt several times in Prague lol. Since we had to walk uphill either going or coming to campus.

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #34 on: Mar 09, 2014 03:50 PM »

U need good snowboots so you don't fall!!

Don't wear sneakers or dress shoes you'll just be all over the place and it's dangerous!

Today is 17 degrees celsius and sunny in london. A Beeeeutiful, rare day here!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2014 08:25 AM »

We hit 60 F the other day...omg Sis J! Have you been converted to Celsius?Huh? I know you're a Euro now and all....but but....:'(

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #36 on: Mar 12, 2014 08:52 AM »

lol, i only know weather in UK by celsius. in the US I only know it by F!! Not converted...but I think it's called 'when in rome' Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: