// Kabli Pulao - afghani rice (with raisins and carrots)
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: No,please don't eat me. I have a wife and kids,eat them. - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kabli Pulao - afghani rice (with raisins and carrots)  (Read 129 times)
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« on: Dec 25, 2013 06:33 PM »

salam

I recall there was a discussion around eid time about afghani rice (with raisins and carrots).  I found a youtube on how to make it.  

From experience, you gotta make every thing ahead of time (ie frying carrots and making the burnt sugar), while leaving boiling the rice last.  This way the rice will not be sticky, because it will be steamed right after being boiled and drained.

Also I think she boils the rice for too long.  For me , 8 minutes max will get the grains to the "knotted" stage.    Steaming can be done in an oven proof dish in the oven for even distribution of heat.  

Kabli Pulao (Afghanistan)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2013 03:12 PM »

wsalam,

That still doesn't look easy, but something to try inshaAllah!!! I never knew they made the meat separate. Her jewelery is distracting lol. The dress is beautiful. How'd yours come out Umm Aboodi??  hungry
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2014 10:07 PM »

salam

I only tried it once and it turned mushy because I mistakenly boiled the rice too long like she recommends. But it tasted really nice. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: