Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: YOu know you're a child of immigrants when....  (Read 125 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 21, 2014 02:27 PM »

Thought this would cheer everyone up... http://www.buzzfeed.com/tabirakhter/problems-only-kids-of-immigrant-parents-will-understand?bffb

haha I used to get asked all the time why I didn't get the extra credit!!! like uhhhhhh I got 100 isn't that enough!!  Angry :'(
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2014 03:48 PM »

Oh god I used to get that, I get the higest mark in school and my dads all like what happened to the other three marks?

I'm in the top stream; but that girl has one more mark then you

I get the highest mark; I don't care about all the others getting less than you what about those three marks you didn't get..

Worst was when my friends form tutor was trying to defend me at a parents evening and big me up, I was his star pupil (I was every teachers star pupil)

It made me want to do badly, if I was getting told off for doing it I may as well earn the telling off

I so parent differently.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2014 11:47 PM »

I hated the #2 type questions in math. "If 3 women and 6 men can dig a hole in 13 minutes, how many men and women will be needed to build the Burj in 3 days?" Tongue

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2014 12:25 PM »

I think ^ that depends on if they're cheap Indian laborers or not!! Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: