Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single muslim man is in want of a muslim wife.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Muslim Baby name suggestions??  (Read 637 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 02, 2014 01:29 PM »

Salam,

storkgirl storkboy

My sis is having a baby and looking for suggestions.... the hardest one's are boys I think, anyone have ideas??
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2014 01:48 PM »

Aww, mashaAllah!! this is great news!! I have no suggestions, but I think your family has done really well so far with choosing good names, so inshaAllah, he or she will have a good one as well.  When is the stork expected to deliver the new bundle?

Wslm
S.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2014 03:21 PM »

salam

congratulations!  May Allah make her delivery easy and painless, ameen.

Some suggestions:  (edited)

Ayman, Ameen, Aleem, Alaeddin,
Basel, Bilal,
Ihsan, Ilias,
Jaber, Jameel, Jareer, Jibreel,
Kareem, Kasem,
Mugheer, Mizaan, Mian, Majd, Muneeb,
Nawwaf,  Nooreddin,
Riyad, Rasem, Rashid, Rida
Salam, Salaheddin,
Taimour, Zain, Ziyad

take care.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2014 04:38 PM »

I think she should have twin boys and name them Hassan & Hussain.

That's the name I've got in mind for my imaginary twin boys!

May Allah grant her children who are the coolness of her eyes and make the birth easy for her.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2014 04:43 PM »

salam

lol @sr Fozia re imaginary twins!

Aboodi has an imaginary friend as of late. His name is Albert!! I asked him the other day if Albert is around these days. He said no, Albert went on vacation to a warmer place!!  Toronto is too cold for his imaginary friend!!! 
Shahida
Sis

Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2014 05:39 PM »

Lol, my imaginary twins are named yaqub and Yusuf...and the other pair are abdulaziz and abdulrashid... So there you go sis Fozia, you're noth the only one!!! Hehe

Hope Albert is warm wherever he is and brings home some sunshine!

My vote is for Yusuf.  Sis maliha named her boy that all those years ago, remember? MashaAllah... And Yusuf will keep the prophets names theme going...

Are we just assuming it is a boy? I think that M needs a girl cousin already... My imaginary sister is named Nazia, if it helps!!! Yes, I have truly lost it!! :-)))))

All the best, inshaAllah for an easy birth and a healthy baby. Let us know when he or she arrives inshaAllah.
Salams and love
S.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2014 08:25 PM »

I also have imaginary triplets;
Abu Baqr, Umar Farooq and Hamza (can't think of a middle name for poor little Hamza)

And two little girls Called Aisha Siddiqa and Kulthum (again Kulthum has no middle name poor thing).

I'm going to need another (imaginary) child to make it an even ten I think, I'm open to suggestions for the name of this last (afterthought of an imaginary) child.

My imaginary older brother is called Yusuf, I have 12 imaginary big brothers actually and three imaginary sister's who are all around the same age as me (when I was around ten).

Khadeeja Kubra my (real) daughter has a cuddly toy rabbit called Bobo and one week Bobo had to be fed and cuddled and included in everything, one week of serving two portions of everything...Bobo ate it all as well, I was terribly impressed!

UmmAboodi, I like Aboodi's imaginary friends name, at least it's a nice proper name, Aboodi sounds terribly intelligent mashallah as does Albert come to think of that, I wish I was in warmer climes!

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2014 12:39 AM »

Salaams I am reviving this thread...... Alhamdulillah after many many years Allah swt has blessed us and I am expecting our first child.

Would love suggestions for girls names please

Baji x
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2014 03:22 PM »

I'm all for the Classical Arabic names (in case you hadn't realised).

Also Fozia is a good name, she'll end up being an accountant tho ....probably.

Shahida
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2014 04:13 PM »

salam alaikum

great news sis Baji, mashaAllah.  I wish you a wonderful pregnancy, an easy birth and a healthy baby girl!  Arent girls just the cutest?  

I dont have any imaginary daughters, but if I had another sister, I hope they would have named her Shazia (which is a good combination of my sister's name and mine, lol) and the younger one is Nazia, umm, also imaginary mind you.  I like the name Husna, but I'm afraid nobody would be able to pronounce it properly.  Aziza is a nice name, as is Asmaa, Saadiya, Safiyya, Maliha, Samia...

I can't choose.  Good luck! Maybe the others will be of more help (having a brain freeze...)... congrats again, and alhamdulillah for the answered prayers.
Wslm
S
S.
Baji
Sis

Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2014 07:45 PM »

Thank you sisters.... Fozia with an Aunty (you) uncles (BrK, and a few more not on the board) and her mama also accountants think I will have to avoid the name Fozia Wink

We have thought of a few will add after talking to my family... Sis shahida loving both Husna and Maliha Smiley
ume bilal
Sis

Reputation Power: 9
ume bilal has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2014 11:16 PM »

Mabrook  Sr. Baji.
I will make dua for an easy pregnancy and safe delivery. May your child be comfort and joy for you and your family.
Ma Salama
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2014 01:42 AM »

As-Salaamu` alaykum,
Sr. Baji, Masha`Allah Mabrook!!!
I like the following names: Mariam, Hannah and Noha.

Hope this helps insha`Allah.
W`salaam

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2014 04:04 AM »

Classical Arabic names for me.  Smiley

Rayan, Rania, Layla, Khadija, Soumaya, Reem, Safa'a, Noura, Farah. Personally I favor Zeinab and Bayan.
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2014 11:50 AM »

Mabrook!!! sis Baji. May Allah make it easy for you during the term.
ume bilal
Sis

Reputation Power: 9
ume bilal has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2014 01:23 AM »

Noura
Romana
Mahalia
Amaiya/Amaya
Shereen
Housna

Ume Bilal
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2014 11:23 PM »

D'oh!! Check this out....

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/saudi-arabia-bans-50-baby-names-1.1303898

Saudi Arabia bans 50 baby names

List includes foreign names; those that ‘contradict culture and religion’

How is Iman and Abdul Nassir a bad name?? and Lauren??! isn't that a plant?? weird...
Baji
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2014 01:13 AM »

Oh dear I know soon many people with names on that list..... Luckily none of the names we are considering are on there.....Wink
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2014 04:20 PM »

Apology, I didn’t see the initial post masha`Allah 7 is having a baby... I am so happy for her!!!
She’s such a beautiful person… May Allah bless her with an easy pregnancy and smooth delivery Ameen. Congrats to the expecting parents… as for boy’s names, I love the names Adam, Adil and Amir but Amir is on the banned list Wink

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2014 04:16 PM »

P.s. The Saudi story was fabricated....as usual.
Shahida
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2014 08:22 PM »

I actually support them banning the name Loland!  :-) sorry, but no kid should have to be called that anymore! Also vote against Sitav and Rama, hehe.

There are actually certain countries, where official name lists exist.  If you want to name your kid anything else, you have to ask for permission.  So thats why there is a whole generation of Muslim boys in Germany who are only either called Ahmet or Mehmet, lol...2 of the very few Muslim names on the list back then...

Give your kids good names with good meanings, that are not easily corruptable.  Tall order, i know.  A couple i know named their daughter Rihab, lovely arabic name, pronounced ri7aaab.  Anyway, since no english people can actually say the 7aa in her name, she is just called, yep, you guessed it:

Rehab, as in rehabilitation....most commonly used with reference to drug rehab, as opposed to physical rehab...

Yeah, i could have warned them about that...

Happy naming everyone
Salam
S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: