Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dangerously Freezing Temperatures in Minnesota  (Read 139 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Jan 04, 2014 07:24 AM »

Severe weather advisory alert went into effect Friday with all schools throughout Minnesota closed Monday. So will many business and offices. Beginning noon Saturday, temperatures will drop to below 60 with wind chills - coldest night expected Sunday night. Exposed skin will freez within 10 minutes, causing hypothermia or even death. Freezing temperatures expected to continue till Tuesday.

The coldest temperatures since 1997.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2014 01:35 PM »

Salam,

I've never heard of such cold temperatures as going on this year Sad A brother in our community died overnight driving after losing control on an icy road in such cold temperatures. Very difficult times. Stay warm and be careful!
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2014 01:58 PM »

Salam,

May Allah swt keep you all safe.  jannah is right, the weather has gone bonkers!!!! SubhanAllah.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2014 10:53 PM »

Yeah, heard it's going to be -50 F in Chicago on Monday! With wind chill factoring in....yeah, some of the worst winter weather in awhile....

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: