Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “What keeps me going is goals.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim Ummah  (Read 244 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Jan 16, 2014 10:23 PM »

Assalamu alaykum!

Maybe it's because I'm 'young and naive', but the more I see of Muslims and the bitter, bitter fighting that goes on online, I am completely stupefied at people's states. Growing up Muslim it always seemed obvious to me what Islam was - Muslims, united by the Quran and Sunnah, some of us with different opinions, more conservative or less conservative. Who was it that said 'Thank God I learnt about Islam before I met Muslims'? I agree! If I had known an ounce of the ridiculous and misleading and actually terrifying arguments propagated as Islam online, then I doubt that I would have had the bravery to become a Muslim!

I'm just completely shocked.
KeiGP

Reputation Power: 1
KeiGP has no influence :(

hallo

« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2014 12:46 AM »

I think you speak the truth, and I can relate in some backward way. I'm preparing to find a local Masjid, or something to get connected with the local Muslim community. Based on what I've heard and seen thus far, I'm preparing myself for whatever racism and backbiting I may encounter. Nevertheless, the message of Islam remains, beautiful, simple, and attractive.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2014 02:15 PM »

Salam,

It's hard to watch all the fighting and name-calling, and especially when you see Muslims that don't practice what Islam teaches. Somehow it just makes it all the worse to know that they have the truth, but are so messed up Sad I think we have to just keep repeating to ourselves:  Islam is perfect, and Muslims are not.

I mean it's possibly a good thing to see Muslims so passionate about the deen... just wish they would channel it in better ways than fighting!

Also bro KeiGP (gee thats hard to type!) I'd say go slow about getting all involved with the Mosque and the people, it can get overwhelming with everyone telling a new revert what to do and judging them and everything. So take it slow iA. You have a lifetime to mix with Muslims Smiley Just learn as much as you can about Islam first and ease into it...
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2014 04:30 AM »

It is really disappointing. People really need to wise up. The insults and intense arguments do not change any group's opinions then why dont we just learn to live with the differences. The worst part of it is that people just do it to make contrast instead of concentrating on pleasing Allah.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2014 05:58 PM »

It's pretty blatant here in the States. Back home it would be a bit more discreet.

Just yesterday, the Imam of the masjid combined maghrib and isha because it was bitter cold and snowing and he had a proper argument for it, hadith from Muslim and Imam Ahmad's fatwa. While leaving, two pakistani uncles were badmouthing the Imam, loudly enough that everyone inside could hear them, except that other than me and a couple of others, no one could understand urdu. The question that I had was, whatever the Imam did, at least he was qualified in whatever capacity. How come these "uncles" who can't even pronounce 3ain properly doubt the Imam?

First time I ever saw it.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2014 07:47 PM »

Welcome to Amreeka ^  boxing
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2014 03:48 AM »

They were at it again yesterday. They were saying the Imam is dividing the community and what not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: