Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 06:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI: Multivitamins at conception raise risk for miscarriage  (Read 233 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 27, 2014 06:10 PM »

FYI:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2546477/Taking-multivitamins-raise-risk-miscarriage-Mothers-likely-lose-baby-taking-supplements-six-weeks-conception.html
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2014 06:27 PM »

Some vitamins are not recommended for pregnant women, but pre natal vitamins are fine.

Also I hate the dailyfail, if they said the sky was blue I'd need to check for myself they lie so much.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2014 07:29 PM »

And some supplements, like folic acid or folate, are essential...in fact, we recommend women take extra folate for 3months before they even fall pregnant, so...

Mmm, i havent seen the science behind this claim.  But I would check with a doctor before taking anything including over the counter medicines, especially if you are planning a pregnancy.

Be healthy inshaAllah, everyone
Salam
S.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2014 09:03 AM »

You know everyday I feel like there's a new study saying what they previously wrote about that was good is now bad! It's so hard to keep track of!!
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014 11:32 AM »

well, I think that the dangers of high levels of vitamin a for example have been known for a long time, as well as the negative effects of low levels of other things.  thats why pregnancies should ideally be PLANNED, so the woman can take supplements optimised for pregnancy and her own health, as well as that of the baby's. 

as far as good things becoming bad and vice versa, thats fortunately (or unfortunately) how things go as more people do research.  as the technology improves, you may find that things eventually reverse again...frustrating I know.
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2014 04:59 PM »

As-salaamu `alaykum,
Well, I only heard good things about taking prenatal vitamins, especially if you're trying to conceive. Because folic acid is one of the most important nutrients for women in their childbearing years; I also read in one study that it reduces the risk of autism etc.

And Allah knows best.

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: