Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which European city do you choose?  (Read 352 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Jan 29, 2014 03:37 PM »

Salam alaikum

Was wondering: if you could choose to visit any European city, which would you choose and why?

I think I would like to visit Prague...dunno why. Ever since I saw Baba's pics from there, I have wanted to see the beauty of the city for myself! 

so which do you choose?

Wasalam
S.
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2014 07:19 PM »

Waalaikum as salaam

I love 2 cities that I have visited
1. For novelty and beauty..... Venice.... It is v different to anywhere else I have been and if you can go to the islands around venice city eg murano u get to see glass blowing factories which are amazing!

2. The other is Paris... I have always loved Paris it is so multicultural has a wonderful mosque, macaroons on the champs-elysees, the art galleries....just great!!!

B
Shahida
Sis

Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2014 08:07 PM »

Ooh, nice ones sis Baji!!! Venice. Yes, has always been a dream of mine too...inshaAllah, before it all sinks...

Been to Paris twice...nope, three times, but I do recommend it to anyone.  And a visit to the grand mosque is a must! There is loads to see and do, and so many Muslims around, that getting food isn't a hardship at all! And around christmas they have an enchanting christmas market along the champs elysee, ooooh champs elysee :-))
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2014 10:12 PM »

I've been wondering this actually, I do want ot go to Paris I've heard you can walk everywhere to sight see (which really appeals to me) and I do want to see Venice.

I also want to see Greece ever since I read the Island also Norway I want to see the Northern lights.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2014 10:25 PM »

I vote for Istanbul. More than the sightseeing, I care about the food.
Baji
Sis

Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2014 12:15 AM »

Hmm in Paris you can walk most places and if tired the metro system is great and fairly inexpensive.... If you get the Eurostar in then it is v easy..

I would love to go and see Istanbul is on my list along with so many other cities.....
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2014 04:08 AM »

Istanbul! Istanbul! And Istanbul again!
Shahida
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2014 08:25 AM »

huh? technically, only half of Istanbul is in Europe :-P

but agreed!  would love to see it.  So far, I am not really a fan of turkish food! :-( I find their spice combinations very strange and its just somehow not comparable to even the blandest of arab food, never mind hyderabadi biryani!! :-))

The northern lights are fascinating!  And due to some weird things happening with the sun, they may not be as vibrant in future, saw something on TV about this a while back.  Solar flares diminishing or something like that...

may Allah allow us to travel through the earth to marvel at His creation and be thankful for what He has given us.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2014 01:08 PM »

Don't blame me now, sr shahida stirred the propaganda pot Grin

Nothing compares to hyderabadi food. We have a mini party at home every friday/saturday and the Saudis here will die to come. My masjid friend whatsapped my housemate on Tuesday itself, that he's coming. His cousin invited me for dinner last night and kept going on and on about how good our food is, until I invited him to the friday party lol

Going back to the topic, I like turkish food too. On every visit to Jeddah, a trip to the turkish restaurant was mandatory.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2014 03:49 PM »

I've never had Turkish food Sad

Middle Eastern food is rather bland for my liking, I like it as a novelty tho.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2014 11:05 PM »

Have been to London twice but loved these others as well, that I have been to.

Milan, Italy
Turin, Italy
Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Hague, Netherlands

All were beautiful!

Would love to visit Paris, Insha-Allah - came close once but it didn't pan out.

Others I would like to visit Insha-Allah, are Madrid, Dublin, Rome, Berlin and definitely Istanbul.

I don't have hankering for Scandanavia, don't why - nothing againt them though.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2014 09:07 AM »

If you have said Asia (Tokyo, Jerusalam, and many others) or Northern America (Mexico city, Ottawa, Toronto, and many others) I would have had many choices, but I hardly think much about European cities. I will however love to visit Cordoba and Paris for sightseing.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2014 03:39 PM »

I thought about it again - I'd go to Istanbul, Granada, Cordoba, Greece, maybe Italy - the Mediterranean is dear to my heart! I'd also visit London.
Shahida
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2014 05:18 PM »

Oh cordoba and granada!!!, yesssss, good ideas! 
akhan
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2014 07:38 PM »

I'd add Saint Petersburg and Cyprus to my list. And London, to see the intra community squabbling Wink
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2014 08:31 PM »

Hmm I vote for going to Andalusia in Spain... visit The Al hambra, Cordoba etc!!
Baji
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2014 10:40 PM »

Ooooh yes I forgot about Alhambra absolutely beautiful.....  And Barcelona too.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: