// Divine Decree
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Oh, man! We killed Mr. Burns! Mr. Burns is gonna be so mad! - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divine Decree  (Read 176 times)
Baji and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Momee

Reputation Power: 1
Momee has no influence :(

« on: Feb 08, 2014 07:12 PM »

Salam,

I know that bad actions of children before the age of puberty are not recorded and the good ones are but are the actions of them already "planned"? Please I need to know as I am 32 yrs old and still struggle with actions as a child and they are bothering me. Is there then no way that these would have been avoided?

Also, I am suffering with a relapse of my anxiety disorder, is this also part of "Divine Decree" that Allah has planned for this to happen to me?

Thank you
Salam
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2014 07:49 PM »

You're actions as a child aren't recorded in your book of deeds.

Allah is all merciful even our deeds as adults are forgiven us if we seek His forgiveness.

Allahs mercy doesn't end it's our own capacity to abandon seeking forgiveness and giving in to despair is what stops us from attaining closeness to Allah.

A while ago I was listening to the tafseer of surah Yusuf by Dr Yasir Qadhi, he did the tafseer in parts so I listened to a part a day. It's such a beautiful surah Yususf (AS)'s hope in Allahs mercy in the face of such huge trials and sorrows is lesson in hope for us all.

May Allah grant you ease and make the path of righteousness wide and easy for you.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2014 07:52 PM »

Also our actions aren't planned we choose how to behave and react, Allah knows what our actions will be but we react and behave as we choose.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 22
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2014 10:04 PM »

As-salaamu`Alaykum,
Nice summary sister, here’s an elaborate article on Divine Decree

Hope this helps,
W`salaam

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
LukeS
Madina Seeker

Reputation Power: 0
LukeS has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:48 AM »

Salam,

I know that bad actions of children before the age of puberty are not recorded and the good ones are but are the actions of them already "planned"? Please I need to know as I am 32 yrs old and still struggle with actions as a child and they are bothering me. Is there then no way that these would have been avoided?

Also, I am suffering with a relapse of my anxiety disorder, is this also part of "Divine Decree" that Allah has planned for this to happen to me?

Thank you
Salam
Salam,
I htink that illness is a purification, punishment or a trial. Which one of them it actually is IMO (until I learn better) belongs to "ilm ul ghayb" or the unseen, which we do not have the keys of knowledge to. So the situation is ambiguous, and this is part of our trial in life.

In surah Mulk we are told that life and death were created as to be trials for our deeds, and elsewhere that "saqina" or tranquiility was sent upon the believers, so thats something to aspire to!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: