// Beauty is not a shade
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: True devotion is to loose the faculty of being conscious of your devotion; for someone who identifies devotion in his devotion is a person whose devotion is in need of devotion. - as Sousi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty is not a shade  (Read 149 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 04, 2014 01:50 PM »

A speech every Muslim needs to listen to. Indeed "Wisdom is the lost property of the believer; wherever he finds it he has the right to take it."

Oscar Nominee Lupita Nyong'o Speech on Black Beauty Essence Magazine Black Women In Hollywood Award

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2014 08:25 PM »

That's was a beautiful speech Mashallah

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2014 12:48 AM »

Very true! If only people would be able to appreciate the billions of kinds of 'outer' beauty as well - for me, going to an international school means being surrounded by people of all nationalities and colors and facial features, and you realize that every last one of them is wonderful as they are. I wrote a piece about this before - Roald Dahl once said that even the most seemingly unattractive people will be beautiful if they are beautiful inside, as it shines through their faces - whereas I have known people who could easily do model work, who look positively stunning on paper but in reality you can't bear to be around them for how ugly they seem due to their character.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2014 04:15 PM »

Awesome speech...
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2014 07:40 PM »

Beautiful indeed, and inspiring.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: