// Want a new forum? Suggest it here.
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Riches without faith are the greatest poverty. - Ali ibn Abi Talib (May Allah be pleased with him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want a new forum? Suggest it here.  (Read 6494 times)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« on: Dec 17, 2007 02:26 AM »

Want a crazy new club or forum. Tell us!
danz
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
danz has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2008 03:22 AM »

How about  tips for muslim travellers..places of interesting for families.. finding halal food while in foreign countries...

When some blessings come to you, do not drive them away through thanklessness....Imam Ali (a.s)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2008 10:28 AM »

salam danz,

That would be the Silk Road forum. You can post travel stuff in there!
Yasmia
Sis

Yasmia has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2008 11:05 PM »

Salam, everyone:

I might be late in responding (hope not), but I'd really like a separate place to post sisters-only messages. I will get into big, big trouble with the fiance if there's a chance a brother is reading my messages.   :'( Plus, as a revert this year, I have questions that deal directly with what I've learned that really have no place in a discussion with brothers present.

purplehijabisis

Yasmia
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2008 11:17 PM »

Wsalaam,

Yes you are very late, you missed all the controversy and voting Smiley There is a sisters only area. Click on where it says Sub-forum: sisters-only underneath the Sisters Resort forum.

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2008 09:55 AM »

Assalam Alaikum,

Any plans of making the forum sections simpler (lesser) in future, may be in version 6.0 ?

From my experience of wandering, crawling, spamming, fighting, lurking, different forums on the internet - and with experience of building and testing various websites, I think the simple the better. Thats why I like latest version of SMF over latest version of vBulletin, as the forum has become rather complex with so many features.

I'm suggest less categories, or may be its just me who thinks like this...

Just some random thoughts.

Wasalam

PS: In fact, looking at all these sections about whats new, give me a headache. But that could be due to my age. Not everybody goes to all the sections right.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2008 10:05 AM »

Yes that's been a common 'complaint', but you know web 2.0 is different. People are more well versed on how to use the internet and how to use boards. They WANT all those new features and stuff. They're used to these amazing applications like facebook, youtube and myspace. I wish I had those vbulletin features actually.

The way I see the Madina now is more specialized. There may be people who come in and post only in the sisters-only forum, or someone who only posts in the news stuff or who only posts in the humor or getting to know you, or only in the islamic articles/learning, or only in the art and poetry, etc. It's more...specialized you might say. Or if we want to use the New York Times word of the day... more inclusive to all kinds of Muslims. 

Plus previously on the old board the only one who was posting was me. And as I said, this forum is not a blog so we're trying to move away from that.  I mean do you want to go back to the days of 6 boards? or back to bbs days? or where we just had one big running thread back in '98. There's a reason why things evolve and change. Hopefully for the better inshaAllah but we'll see Wink

wsalaam
ninna
Sis

ninna has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2008 12:50 PM »

or where we just had one big running thread back in '98.
wsalaam

i remember that!!!
cat
Sis

cat has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Feb 29, 2008 11:54 AM »

Assalam Alaikum,

Any plans of making the forum sections simpler (lesser) in future, may be in version 6.0 ?

From my experience of wandering, crawling, spamming, fighting, lurking, different forums on the internet - and with experience of building and testing various websites, I think the simple the better. Thats why I like latest version of SMF over latest version of vBulletin, as the forum has become rather complex with so many features.

I'm suggest less categories, or may be its just me who thinks like this...

Just some random thoughts.

Wasalam

PS: In fact, looking at all these sections about whats new, give me a headache. But that could be due to my age. Not everybody goes to all the sections right.

slm.  I agree with you brother, it's too hectic to read all the sections.  I tend to only look up the last few posts at the bottom of the board and link to them only.  So i don't read ALL the posts (which i miss doing).

Otherwise, as i am sure you already know there's the "notify me" option for open threads that you might find interesting.

Sr. Jannah, the new board takes some getting used too but it's all good Alhumdulillah.
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2009 12:07 PM »

SALAM
Can  we get a cookery furum where we can exchange recipies and share ideas
Hard2Hit
Bro

Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2009 12:35 PM »

Can  we get a cookery furum

A "kukree" forum... isn't that the sisters spa...

bahahahahaa

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2009 04:45 AM »

wsalam,

there is a forum called "Food and Health" and that is for exchanging recipes and other things. You should see it under the Int'l House of Kabob.
lucid
Bro

lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2009 08:02 AM »

maybe a rant forum or a "rebel without a cause forum" to argue about pointless things

this might be a bit difficult to police though
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: