Madinat al-Muslimeen CommunityBeyond City LifeThe Silk RoadIslamic PoetryTopic: Poetry of Nizar Qabbani
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poetry of Nizar Qabbani  (Read 34733 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #25 on: Aug 17, 2011 01:49 AM »

Hi Rico,

Wondering where you found that poem? After trying to make head or tail of it, I realized it was in Persian not Arabic!! The poem seems to be called "Only You" by Nizar Qabbani but I can't find it in English. It's possible someone translated the original Arabic into Persian that you have, but no one has translated the original Arabic into English. A lot of his poems aren't on the internet as well. I tried putting it into google translator and taking keywords to try to find it,  but can't find it Sad

If someone speaks Persian here maybe they can look at it and translate a little? I can then use that to find the Arabic/English?

UPDATE! ok found it!! http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/arabic-lyrics-translation/62983-nizar-qabanys-poem.html

ما بين حب وحب - نزار قباني

I love...You
Between one love and another
I love you..I love you
and between a woman who has left me
and another who is coming
I look for you...here and there
As if the only time
is your time
as if all promises
flow into your eyes

here it is on youtube:
مابين حب وحب _ رائعة نزار قباني
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Oct 03, 2012 06:13 AM »

She Married Me

In spite of the tribe

And she traveled with me

In spite of the tribe

And she gave me Zeynab and Omar

In spite of the tribe

And when I used to ask her, why

She would take me, like a child, against her chest

“Because you are my tribe”

- Nizar Qabbani
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2012 11:18 AM »

Salam alaikum

LOVE Nizar Qabbani poetry... !!!

thanks for posting, he was amazing, mashaAllah.

Slm
S.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Oct 14, 2012 07:39 AM »

My lover asks me:
"What is the difference between me and the sky?"
The difference, my love,
Is that when you laugh,
I forget about the sky.

By Nizar Qabbani
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Oct 14, 2012 07:45 AM »

عدي على أصابع اليدين --Nizar Qabbani

عدي على أصابع اليدين ، ما يأتي
Count on the fingers of the hand and see what comes

فأولا : حبيبتي أنتي
First, my darling is you

وثانيا : حبيبتي أنتي
Second, my darling is you

وثالثا : حبيبتي أنتي
Third, my darling is you

ورابعا وخامسا وسادسا وسباعا
And fourth, and fifth, and sixth, and seventh

وثامنا وتاسعا وعاشرا . . حبيبتي أنتي
And eighth, and ninth, and tenth.. my darling are you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
 Madinat al-Muslimeen CommunityBeyond City LifeThe Silk RoadIslamic PoetryTopic: Poetry of Nizar Qabbani
Jump to: