// Sami talks about Asma Allah
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sami talks about Asma Allah  (Read 3858 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 21, 2008 06:24 AM »

Heard this song on the plane again...(did u know they have a nasheed channel!?) sooooo touching subhanAllah.  :'(

Just close your eyes and listen to it without watching the video. I find the video so distracting. I kept staring at the people every time I heard this song and never got to really hear it until I did on the plane, so listen again! I hope they make a non-music version. Nothing wrong with the music, but the most amazing thing about Sami's music is his voice, it's incredibly beautiful. They need to concentrate on that more!

P.S. New album coming in July called "Not in my name"!!! should be interesting inshaAllah. He also wrote some music for the kite runner movie!

P.S.S. Every time I hear him in an interview or talking about his views the more I admire him for them. MashaAllah. Maybe one day he can turn into a lecturing Da'ii instead of a musical Da'ii but then again you can probably reach a lot more people through the arts.

Follow these for his interview/commentary about the making of this video/song:
(part 1 of 4 you can find the rest by following the links)

AbdulBasir
Bro

Reputation Power: 8
AbdulBasir has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2008 04:14 AM »

salam

That was awesome...his vocal range never ceases to amaze me. Mashallah...

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2008 08:03 AM »

peace be upon you

I saw the video on all the arabic channels a few months ago.  I like Sami, but man, this is his BEST ever.  Bought the CD.  He should definitely make a music-free one. His voice is too amazing, mashaAllah. arabbro

Slm
S.
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2008 11:36 AM »

Salaams

Does anyone know which CD this track is on i would like to get it for my car. even better where i can legally download it from....
 Kiss

Jazaks
Baji
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: