// update of the saudi woman who was imprisoned after being raped by a gang of men
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: We declared war on terror—it’s not even a noun, so, good luck. - Jon Stewart
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update of the saudi woman who was imprisoned after being raped by a gang of men  (Read 1942 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: May 21, 2008 11:19 PM »

salaam

i know the article was posted here but i cant find it, well here is the update, alhumdulilah she was pardoned from the flogging. she was raped by seven men what more punishment can she get ?  I understand why she was introuble for being w a man alone but i think the problem is that the people dont udnerstand what rape can do to a woman , it is there for life.
by the way i wonder what the sentence was for those who raped her..

Girl from al-Qatif pardoned
In 2006, a young woman known only as "The Girl from al-Qatif" and her male companion were kidnapped at knifepoint by a gang of seven men shortly after they met. The male companion was attacked and then released. The woman, however, was raped by each member of the gang.

While the gang was eventually apprehended and sentenced for their crimes, a court in eastern Saudi Arabia saw the need to convict the woman and her companion of the crime known as Khilwa - being alone in private with a member of the opposite sex who was not an immediate family member. A year later on November 15, 2007, another court increased the sentences of all who were involved, including the rape victim. She and her companion had their sentences increased to six months imprisonment and flogging which was increased from 90 to 200 lashes.

The sentencing of the woman following her rape ordeal generated shock and anger among the public in Saudi Arabia and human rights activists abroad. It also generated a rare debate in the country on the inconsistencies of the judicial system and its failure to reflect the gravity of crimes committed against the woman. AI issued an Urgent Action in November and several updates to which many of our members responded with an outpouring of concern.

We are happy to report that the sentences of flogging and imprisonment imposed on a woman rape victim, known only as the "Girl from al-Qatif", and her male companion, are reported to have been dropped under a pardon granted by Saudi Arabia's Head of State, King Abdullah.

lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008 01:42 PM »

Salaam,

I repeat, that' country has got some serious problems. Thanks for this update considering it was cited in some nytimes article I read the other day.

peace
cheese
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008 11:27 PM »

Every story has two sides. And the side reported by the evil Zionist press is usually completely false.
They maybe reasons why the judges decided to punish her that the Zionists hid from you?
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008 12:15 AM »

they did mention the reason.. why dont you ever read anything right before commenting.. put your hate aside and try to see and read thing w an open mind
cheese
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008 12:52 AM »

When you bash Muslims, it isn’t hatred?
When I disagree with you it is?

I didn’t want to go in to this but. Why did I mention the issue of lying Zionists?
There were previous cases which turned out to be Zionist lies like what they said about a blind Pakistani girl being raped and punished for Zina.
It turned out that a middle aged women had an affair with a farmer, got pregnant. Was reported to the police by her own father. Admitted Zina. When she was about to be punished she changed her story and said it was rape. It went to the court of appeal and she was freed.
So whenever I hear these rape cases sensationalised in the Zionist press, I take it with a pinch of salt. Rape happens all the time in the west. Much more than in Muslim countries. Most aren’t reported and the few that are hardly ever investigated. The Zionist press don’t care about rape in the slightest, least of all rape of Muslim women. Aren’t they the same press that cover up the rapes of Muslim women and girls in Abu Ghriabh?

Who said she was punished for Khalwa and nothing else?
Zionists press or the judges?
What I read was she admitted having censual sex before the incident. Are you forgetting that that man she was with was her Ex-Boy friend?
Consensual Sex outside of marriage is Zina, in Islam it carries a punishment.
It can be proven by four witnesses or a confession, (some say pregnancy). If she admitted sex with her Boyfriend and/or other men, that is a confession.
In depraved societies they have no problems with fornication, adultery, and homosexuality as long as it is all consensual, in Islam these crimes are still crimes.
I believe it should be kept like that.
If it was all about Khalwa, I would agree it is a harsh punishment at bad timing. But if it is about Zina, then Allah’s law is Allah’s law.
But who is it that decides? Is it the Zionist press in foreign countries, or the qualified judge, with many years worth of experience and all the facts at hand?
I am telling you again, the judge has all the facts at hand, you don’t.
Yes judges make mistakes, and Saudi Arabia is not Khilafah. It was created and is ruled by people who took Zionist money to fight the Khilafah. But none the less, you don’t have all the facts at hand. The Zionist press you quote is not all the facts.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008 01:06 AM »

sorry blackrose accidentally deleted your post, basically she was asking cheese for evidence.

cheese:

It doesn't matter if she had consensual sex before the incident. rape is rape. you say there are two sides to a story. where are your two sides when you talk about every other issue? furthermore, this story was carried by every media, muslim and nonmuslim and her lawyer - a muslim man was jailed because of his activism on this case.
cheese
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008 03:35 PM »

My two sides are the men are guilty of the rape. She is guilty of a separate crime of Zina.
If she did the Zina before the rape, the future crime against her doesn’t remove her responsibility for her own previous crime.

Are you saying that the court should ignore her Zina, because she had suffered a crime since the Zina?
Or are you saying Zina isn’t a crime between consenting adults?

I think this post I have just made is a waste of time, what I have written here has been written in my previous post on this thread using other words that mean the same thing. I’ll try and avoid repeating myself again on this thread.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008 10:29 PM »

cheese you did not post proof that she committed zina before this.

by the way do you know that americans are crazy about and love 'cheese'  Roll Eyes Undecided
cheese
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008 11:46 PM »

You’re not her appeals judge and I’m not the prosecution. I’m not building a case against her. Read what I wrote again (The second post on this thread), and think about its meaning.
What I said is “I read”, I didn’t say “this is what happened” in relation to her. I did say “This is what happened” in relation to the Pakistani case, which gained a lot more media attention then her case. The Zionist media have a long history of lying about Shariya court judgments. And Journalists from Muslim countries have a long history of cut and pasting Zionist articles as fact on their on pages.
Because of their history of lying, I’m suspicious of negative things they say about us. Demonisation of Muslims and Islam is what they are about.

If you want to find out for certain whether it was about Khalwa or Zina, phone up the Judge and ask him.
I don’t consider anyone but the Prophets of being Mahsum, so even judges in the Khilafah made Mistakes, and even the Khilafah rashideen had the ability to make Mistakes. So I’m not saying the Judge was definitely right in his judgement, read that post again, if you think that’s what I was saying.
What I am saying is the Judgement was his to make. He is a Judge, that’s his Job. That’s what he is trained to do. And if he is wrong in his judgement, it is the job of the appeals court.

It is not the job of Zionist media to decide when judgements in Muslim countries are right and wrong. That’s called trail by media. They do it all the time to get innocent ulima locked up like, Abu Hamza, Shaikh Faisal, and Abu Qatada. And they are also in the habit of getting the guilty freed by their satanic lobbying.
In that country having a Boy friend is illegal, sex before marriage is illegal. Whether Zina was done or not, she is guilty of breaking the laws of that land.
So it makes very little difference what I prove. If you want to search for what I read feel free, but I can’t be bothered.
Because I don’t think it would make any difference to you?
Would it?
If she did do Zina, a year before, 2 years before a month before the rape would it make a difference?
If it is of vital importance to you, feel free to contact the Judge.
He is the only one who knows for certain why he made the judgement.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008 07:06 PM »

Im surprised you didnt change your name after what I wrote about americans loving cheese Roll Eyes

what Im asking you is where did you read this, post it on here. if you cant put put proof for what you say then its best not to say at all.

and if the 'zionists' as you say  which im sure they werent didnt interfere then most likely she would be stuck with an unfair punishment. Allahualim

the thing is you are acting like the 'americans' who say if you dont support the war then you arent 'patriotic ' enough. if you dont want the non muslims to generalize about us then you should not sit there generalizing about nonmuslims themselves or the americans. not all are 'zionists' what makes you any different then them. or basically it is wrong to generalize 'about america' or anything . you are doing the same thing they are doing, because of the actions of a small group of people you are faulting the whole country.

salaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: