Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raw milk versus Pasterurized milk  (Read 2744 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: May 22, 2008 12:56 AM »

Asalamualaikum

what do you think is best and why? I am undecided.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008 01:23 AM »

wsalam,

i thought pasteurization kills the germs or something?? we should probably be drinking organic milk eh...
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008 06:33 AM »

Funny, just received this article.. maybe this is what you read?

http://harpers.org/archive/2008/04/0081992
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008 10:25 PM »

salaam

well one thing for sure whether its raw milk or pasturized the cows should definately be grass fed. unfortunatly its not common to have grass fed cows because farmers who grass feed them (which is natural) dont get as much milk from the cows.  But not feeding them what is natural to them is definately harmful to them and harming animals is wrong and also in Qur'an it sais 'eat what is pure'  which means we should definately eat organic. it is sickening tha they give all these antibiotics and shots to the cows.. i would select a farm where i c that the cows are happy.
people might argue its expensive to get organic.. but i think its imp to make food a top priority plus if you joing a coopt its not close to expensive as 'whole foods ' and those big market street stores.. the more people buy the more cheaper it will become inshAllah

ps no i didnt read that but thanks for posting, it was interesting. actually ive been taking a pe class in which she talked about all that stuff to us and years ago i took a nutrition class
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2008 09:44 PM »

Being one who is working on getting their 'raw milk' dairy license
I am a big fan of raw milk and raw milk products.
Sister Blackrose, aren't you in OR?
Here in WA State we are a raw milk friendly state and I believe OR is also.
There is a wonderful web site with tons off information and resources.
www.realmilk.com

Here in WA we are required to send test samples from EACH goat (or cow is a cow dairy)
to the state to make sure our bacteria levels are safe.
Goats milk is even better than cows milk as it is naturally homogenized.
Easier to digest.
If we're close enough maybe you can come visit the farm on a day I am making cheese and
can take some home with you Smiley
Also just like with antibiotics, when you pasteurize milk, you kill some good bacteria and enzymes as you do the bad.
 purplehijabisis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: