// Themes changed for a few boards
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "I desire Allah to give me an everlasting life in this world, in order that, while mankind are engrossed in the pleasures of the world and forget Allah, I may observe the rules of religion amidst the affliction (fitnah) of the world and remember Allah." - Ibrahim Khawwas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Themes changed for a few boards  (Read 7180 times)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« on: May 22, 2008 05:44 AM »

salam,

I found some cute themes that kind of go with some boards, so thought I'd changed the look of those. Don't get scared if you pop into certain boards and they look totally different!

Here's the ones I think I'll modify a bit: Islamic poetry, Islamic history, Parenting, Sis and Bro hmm not sure what else we'll see..

Tell me if it freaks you out too much.

Or which ones you like or don't like.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008 11:30 AM »

Honestly?  Cool!!!  It is like being in a totally different world vertually!  And the different colours and themes work well with each section. 

I actually got into one without seeing this message first and thought I might have clicked on the wrong link or something.  I did it again and realized it was something new. 

Super!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 22
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008 05:07 PM »

!!!Superb!!!

Perhaps you can do that for all the boards and the front page as well Wink

W`salaam

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008 06:57 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

To be honest, I'm of two minds. On the one hand I think it's a great idea to modify the boards so they suit BUT they seem like completely different boards and don't have the 'feel' of the Madina. I think the current Madina theme is really streamlined and looks stylish whereas the sister's one looks a teeny bit tacky (too much pink!). But I really loved the Islamic poetry and Islamic history boards.....isn't there an option where you keep the general layout of the current theme and just change the colour and the background slightly, as in blend the current one and the new one so it looks like its the same message board but a different theme if that makes sense.

Just my tuppence worth Smiley

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008 01:18 AM »

wsalaam,

a desert rose, yes i agree with you. but the time and effort of doing that is way too much. we'll try it on a few boards and see how it goes... i know about the sisters theme haha i love it pink hearts everywhere.. it's like so tacky and girly it's perfect! the theme is called "girlyman" or something hysterical!!

umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008 05:12 AM »

I didn't really check out the other boards, but I just went into the sister's spa, and trying to read was giving me a headache. trying to read with all those hearts! honestly don't like that one, but wouldn't mind if where the text is is plain.
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2008 07:11 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

so tacky and girly it's perfect!

hmmm not sure what you imply by that! But since you're a girl, it's okay  Smiley

yeah, I'm not a fan of pink and hearts...but I do like the other boards, they're growing on me.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2008 02:41 AM »

heyy im a girl but I think im seeing stars lol.. . yah I dont mmind the other ones but I dont like the heart s and all pink in the sisters section.. i cannot help but avoid it.. it does seem to bother the eyes.. but hey I do really love yourmadina news if you havent noticed. good reminders mashAllah!
Ehsan
Bro

Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2008 02:39 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

Im not sure if im posting this in the right place but why is the brothers board so dull!!! I know we're men but camonnn lol. Give us some technicolour its the 21st Century lol

Ehsan

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Nadiyya
Sis

Nadiyya has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2008 07:31 PM »

salaam
going into the Men's forum is alot like going back in time everything and I mean everything is in Black and white. I agree maybe jazz it up with some blue.

purplehijabisis

Nadiyya

When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray

Be Yourself beautiful, and you will find the world full of beauty
AbdulBasir
Bro

Reputation Power: 8
AbdulBasir has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2008 07:47 PM »

so many different colors...flowers, cars and more...doesn't feel like the same board...very disorienting Wink
Ehsan
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2008 01:16 AM »

i agree with that too - i love the red theme as the main board, whats wrong with having it everywhere Smiley simple is best i reckons

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2008 06:08 PM »

salaam
ok its not just the sisters board nemore.. im not likeing the whole style, the poetry, the brothers, the parenting. eveyrhting. i think the boards are more darker, dull and seem to have smaller letters.. I miss the original red and white with clear letters, or you can try something else?
Ehsan
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Jun 16, 2008 01:24 AM »

Blackrose has spoken - thou shalt make it so surely!?  Cheesy

Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2008 06:18 AM »

Salaam,

InshaAllah when I get back and have some time I'll see if I can play around with them a little. I think guys are turned off by all the red. Someone told me it was too "girly" so I thought maybe some different themes would lessen the effect, but we'll see inshaAllah.

ws
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Jun 16, 2008 04:36 PM »

really their turned off by the red.. that s interesting. it looked neutral to me.. but neway went to articles db in madina mosque thats not all that bad.

salaam
Ehsan
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Jun 17, 2008 02:42 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

I personally dont mind the red, I mean whatever template you do decide on for the main board, i just think it should be kept the same for all the boards.

The reason being is, i think it has been mentioned earlier, that it seems disjointed or like im browsing a different website completely. One theme on all the boards would provide a unifying element to the forums.

My one years web development course has come in use! Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: