// Qur'an Quote
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate. - Thomas Jones
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qur'an Quote  (Read 24504 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #25 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:57 AM »

From Qur'an Surah Al-Baqara (The Cow) 2:208

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ ادْخُلُواْ فِي السِّلْمِ كَآفَّةً وَلاَ تَتَّبِعُواْ خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ

O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.

the Aya is very clear that we are to obey all aspects of Islam... as Muslims, we see our situation all around us. they only way to improve, is to start obeying Allah (swt) in ALL aspects of our lives..and not being selective... if these words of Allah (swt) don't have impact on us, than we need to question ourselves as to how much we want to enter Jannah... May Allah (swt) guide us all. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #26 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:58 AM »

From Qur'an Surah Rum (Roman) 30:60

فَاصْبِرْ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ وَلَا يَسْتَخِفَّنَّكَ الَّذِينَ لَا يُوقِنُونَ

60. So be patient (O Muhammad). Verily, the Promise of Allâh is true, and let not those who have no certainty of faith, discourage you from conveying Allâh's Message (which you are obliged to convey).

Aadvise to Muhammad (saw) in time of adversity.... is an advise to us also.... let us do our part.... understand Islam and practice it in its entirety...

May Allah (swt) protect the Muslims all over the world. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2009 06:21 PM »

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." (The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19)

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Halima
Sis

« Reply #28 on: Mar 02, 2009 05:18 PM »

From Qur'an Surah Al-Baqara (The Cow) 2:155

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.).

Allah (swt) asked us to be patient over and over again in the Qur'an... Let us be patient in these desperate times... let us think of how we can change our situation for better... better yet, how we can change OURSELVES first.. let us do our part and than leave the rest to Allah (swt)...

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2009 05:20 PM »

From Qur'an Surah Al-Baqara (The Cow) 2:208

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ ادْخُلُواْ فِي السِّلْمِ كَآفَّةً وَلاَ تَتَّبِعُواْ خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ

O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.

the Aya is very clear that we are to obey all aspects of Islam... as Muslims, we see our situation all around us. they only way to improve, is to start obeying Allah (swt) in ALL aspects of our lives..and not being selective... if these words of Allah (swt) don't have impact on us, than we need to question ourselves as to how much we want to enter Jannah... May Allah (swt) guide us all. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2009 05:21 PM »

From Qur'an Surah Al-Hashr (The Gathering) 59:21

لَوْ أَنزَلْنَا هَذَا الْقُرْآنَ عَلَى جَبَلٍ لَّرَأَيْتَهُ خَاشِعًا مُّتَصَدِّعًا مِّنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ وَتِلْكَ الْأَمْثَالُ نَضْرِبُهَا لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ

Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and rending asunder by the fear of Allah. Such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect .

May Allah (swt) guide us all to the true path of Islam. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2009 05:25 PM »

From Quran Surah An-Nisa (The Women) 4:29

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَأْكُلُواْ أَمْوَالَكُمْ بَيْنَكُمْ بِالْبَاطِلِ إِلاَّ أَن تَكُونَ تِجَارَةً عَن تَرَاضٍ مِّنكُمْ وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ بِكُمْ رَحِيمًا

29. O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allâh is Most Merciful to you.

Be just in business dealings with each other -- do not steal from each other -- and do not commit suicide. Know that Rizk (sustenance) has already been decreed from Allah (swt)... we know from Islamic teachings that Allah (swt) will not take our souls till He has given to us what He has decreed. May Allah (swt) give us the true understanding of our Deen. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2009 11:59 PM »

From Qur'an Surah Ibrahim (Abraham) 14:22

وَقَالَ الشَّيْطَانُ لَمَّا قُضِيَ الأَمْرُ إِنَّ اللّهَ وَعَدَكُمْ وَعْدَ الْحَقِّ وَوَعَدتُّكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُكُمْ وَمَا كَانَ لِيَ عَلَيْكُم مِّن سُلْطَانٍ إِلاَّ أَن دَعَوْتُكُمْ فَاسْتَجَبْتُمْ لِي فَ اَ تَلُومُونِي وَلُومُواْ أَنفُسَكُم مَّا أَنَاْ بِمُصْرِخِكُمْ وَمَا أَنتُمْ بِمُصْرِخِيَّ إِنِّي كَفَرْتُ بِمَآ أَشْرَكْتُمُونِ مِن قَبْلُ إِنَّ الظَّالِمِينَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ

22. And Shaitân (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allâh promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allâh (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)."

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #33 on: Mar 13, 2009 02:11 PM »

From Qur'an, Surah An-Nahl (The Bee) 16:12

وَسَخَّرَ لَكُمُ اللَّيْلَ وَالْنَّهَارَ وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ وَالْنُّجُومُ مُسَخَّرَاتٌ بِأَمْرِهِ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ

And He ha s subjected to you the night and the day, the sun and the moon; and the stars are subjected by His Command. Surely, in this are proofs for people who understand.

As Muslims, we must have a solid Islamic belief (aqeedah) based on reasoning... the Qur'an addresses this in many places, including the aya above.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #34 on: Mar 13, 2009 02:41 PM »

As for those who strive for Us, We will most certainly guide them onto Our paths. Indeed Allah is with the righteous.

-The Spider 29:69

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #35 on: Mar 24, 2009 10:52 PM »

From Quran Surah Al-Isra (The Journey by Night) 17:37

37. And walk not on the earth with conceit** and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height.

** one of the meaning of conceit: excessive self-pride: a high opinion of your own qualities or abilities, especially one that is not justified

وَلا8 E تَمْشِ فِي الأَرْضِ مَرَحًا إِنَّكَ لَن تَخْرِقَ الأَرْضَ وَلَن تَبْلُغَ الْجِبَالَ طُولاً

in other places Allah (swt) mentions in no uncertain terms that He doesn't like arrogance. Arrogance is what got Shaytan thrown out of the good company he used to be in and became who he is.
May Allah (swt) protect us from being arrogant. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Mar 31, 2009 07:03 PM »

From Quran Surah  Al-Kahf (The Cave) 18:7

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا مَا عَلَى الْأَرْضِ زِينَةً لَّهَا لِنَبْلُوَهُمْ أَيُّهُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا

7. Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds. [i.e.those who do good deeds in the most perfect manner, that means to do them (deeds) totally for Allâh's sake and in accordance to the legal ways of the Prophet (saw)]

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #37 on: Apr 06, 2009 01:07 PM »

As to those who believe and work righteousness, verily We shall not suffer to perish the reward of any who do a (single) righteous deed.

-Qur'an, Al-Kahf , Surah 18:30

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #38 on: Apr 06, 2009 01:16 PM »

'When you meet people who scoff at our revelations, withdraw from them until they can talk in some other way. If Satan causes you to forget this warning, leave such sinners as soon as you remember.' Those who honour God, are not in the least accountable for those who dishonour him. 'We tell you this so that you may guard yourself against evil.'

-Qur'an, Al-An'am, Surah 6:68-69

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:26 AM »

From Qur'an Surah Munafiqoon (Hypocrites) 63:8

يَقُولُونَ لَئِن رَّجَعْنَا إِلَى الْمَدِينَةِ لَيُخْرِجَنَّ الْأَعَزُّ مِنْهَا الْأَذَلَّ وَلِلَّهِ الْعِزَّةُ وَلِرَسُولِهِ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلَكِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

They (hypocrites) say: "If we return to Al-Madinah, indeed the more honorable will expel therefrom the meaner (i.e. Allah's Messenger )." But honor, power and glory belong to Allâh, His Messenger (Muhammad ), and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Apr 19, 2009 05:17 AM »

From Qur'an Surah Al-'Ankabut (The Spider) 29:20

قُلْ سِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَانظُرُوا كَيْفَ بَدَأَ الْخَلْقَ ثُمَّ اللَّهُ يُنشِئُ النَّشْأَةَ الْآخِرَةَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

Say: "Travel in the land and see how (Allah) originated creation, and then Allah will bring forth (resurrect) the creation of the Hereafter (i.e. resurrection after death). Verily, Allah is Able to do all things.

Islamic Belief is not a matter of "Blind Faith"... Allah (swt) wants us to reflect on His creation and than come the conclusion that there is a creator who has created all this... and that is Him, Allah (swt), the Creator.... May Allah (swt) give us the correct understanding of Islam. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Apr 19, 2009 05:29 AM »

From Qur'an Surah Munafiqoon (hypocrites) 63:10

وَأَنفِقُوا مِن مَّا رَزَقْنَاكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَ أَحَدَكُمُ الْمَوْتُ فَيَقُولَ رَبِّ لَوْلَا أَخَّرْتَنِي إِلَى أَجَلٍ قَرِيبٍ فَأَصَّدَّقَ وَأَكُن مِّنَ الصَّالِحِينَ

10. And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you an d he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah (i.e. Zakât) of my wealth , and be among the righteous [i.e. perform Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)].

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #42 on: Apr 26, 2009 03:35 AM »

From Quran Surah Fatir (Originator) 35:18

وَلَا تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرَى وَإِن تَدْعُ مُثْقَلَةٌ إِلَى حِمْلِهَا لَا يُحْمَلْ مِنْهُ شَيْءٌ وَلَوْ كَانَ ذَا قُرْبَى إِنَّمَا تُنذِرُ الَّذِينَ يَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُم بِالغَيْبِ وَأَقَامُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَمَن تَزَكَّى فَإِ8 6َّمَا يَتَزَكَّى لِنَفْسِهِ وَإِلَى اللَّهِ الْمَصِيرُ

And no bearer of burdens shall bear another's burden, and if one heavily laden calls another to (bear) his load, nothing of it will be lifted even though he be near of kin. You (O Muhammad (saw)) can warn only those who fear their Lord unseen, and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat­as­Salât). And he who purifies himself (from all kinds of sins), then he purifies only for the benefit of his ownself. And to Allâh is the (final) Return (of all).

A lot of lessons can be learned from this Aya... one is that each of us is responsible for our own actions.. no one can carry sins of others, even if he/she is a relative; not even a mother for her child...so if we are responsible, let us look at critically how we understand Islam, how we must follow it entirely and let it be the sole criteria by which we live our lives. This is the solution to solve our problems. May Allah (swt) guide us all. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Apr 26, 2009 03:42 AM »

From Qur'an Surah Al-Baqara (The Cow) 2:170

وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمُ اتَّبِعُوا مَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ قَالُواْ بَلْ نَتَّبِعُ مَا أَلْفَيْنَا عَلَيْهِ آبَاءنَا أَوَلَوْ كَانَ آبَاؤُهُمْ لاَ يَعْقِلُونَ شَيْئاً وَلاَ يَهْتَدُونَ

When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah has sent down." They say: "Nay! We shall follow what we found our fathers following." (Would they do that!) Even though their fathers did not understand anything nor were they guided?

Islam doesn't allow for "blind following", even if it is our forefather that one follows... The Islamic Creed (aqeedah) has to be based on rational evidence... an example is often given, that if someone sees camel droppings in the desert, one would conclude that a camel went through the area... similarly we see Allah (swt) creation, thus we conclude that there is a creator...

The Almighty Allah says,

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: