Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 17, 2014 05:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Wedding season once again! Bridal & Fashion pics SIS ONLY PLEASE  (Read 56162 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011 02:19 PM »

more...
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #51 on: Sep 12, 2011 10:13 PM »

Indian Fashion Week!! Reallllly interesting pretty clothes.... loveshower loveshower loveshower
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #52 on: Sep 13, 2011 11:25 AM »

Ooh i like some of those!!

Indian clothing seems to mix and match colours that no-one else would have thought could go together...love that!!!

Thanks for posting Jannah Smiley  It's time to go shopppiiinnngggg!!! maybe for Eid I wont wear black this year Wink

Salam
S.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #53 on: Oct 04, 2011 02:44 AM »

Some goooorgeoussssssss Arab outfits...

http://zineblyoubiidrissi.com/

Check out her collections! So pretty and so halal!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #54 on: Dec 06, 2011 03:45 AM »

Mo' pwettyness...

most from this: http://style-dey-naal.tumblr.com/
but i didn't even get halfway thru soo pwetty

Anyone going to winter weddings??
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #55 on: Dec 06, 2011 03:50 AM »

Mo pwetty...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #56 on: Dec 23, 2011 06:53 AM »

Lahore Fashion Week.... and it is all about the LONG! So happy this fashion came back in style, but wondering if it's gonna make us short ppl look realllyy short Sad But so gorgeous in materials/work and colors. And someone please tell that one little girl in pic9 to eat something... If your upper arm is thinner than your forearm someone needs an intervention... Cheesy
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #57 on: Dec 23, 2011 07:01 AM »

Lahore fashion show more pics
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2012 06:27 PM »

Wow this thread has such beeeeautifullll clothes ! Just saw this gorgeeeeeous dress: http://www.highheelconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ritesh-genelia-sangeet-natasha-poonawala-manish-malhotra.jpg
MuslimahsMusings

Reputation Power: 0
MuslimahsMusings has no influence :(

« Reply #59 on: Feb 04, 2012 02:49 AM »

If you are looking for a more modest style, take a look here at how I wore my traditional white wedding dress with Hijab, bolero jacket and sleeves!!   thobesis

http://muslimahsmusings.blogspot.com/2011/12/hijabi-fashion-week-nov-2011-day-5.html
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #60 on: Mar 09, 2012 05:22 PM »

salam ladies!!

I'm invited to two weddings in april!! Any idea what the latest fashions are?? All my desi clothes are 90s or early noughties!!  smack
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #61 on: Mar 10, 2012 05:08 AM »

ok u guys r a lot of help  :'(

don't some of u live in indo-pak?? what's in fashion?? i saw some anarkalis the other day but they looked rather odd... tsktsk

i'll have to turn to designers... LOVE everything this guy makes.. if only i was a bollywood starlet to wear it!  wub

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #62 on: Mar 10, 2012 01:30 PM »

Well Sis J,the anarkalis are the 'in' things nowadays here...I find it odd too,but it depends on how you carry them after u wear them.U can try different patterns that suits ur taste before zeroing on one.

The ghagras and sharaaras are still the traditional dresses ppl wear here.Those amazing pics say it all Smiley  

Here in Hyderabad the traditional dress is khada dupatta,hope u have an idea about it.I love it.But it almost always is the wedding dress of the brides here. Usually ppl who are close to bride or groom wear them too...May be u can try this. Wink

Did you try a gharaara anytime?More like bell bottom.
Beautifully styled salwaar khamees can also be thought of.

Will let u know if I remember something more Grin
Good luck with ur search flowersis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #63 on: Mar 11, 2012 08:58 PM »

Thanks Mubaraka! I'm not sure if Anarkalis are still "in" over here. I get the feeling ppl here follow Pakistani fashion a lot more than Indian. I don't really like khada dupatta makes me look fat. Then again almost everything makes me look fat Wink Gharara's are very old school here. Only little girls wear them. Those very long intricate shalwar kameez seem to be what a lot of ppl are wearing. Again only looks good if ur very tall and skinny!!
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #64 on: Mar 28, 2012 06:57 PM »

Salaams Sis Jannah,

Not necessarily try something a little more tailored or with an open fronted shirt with a shorter inner shirt tends to suit people who are not as tall or at the moment the other fashion is churidar pajama with loooong shirts no slits so you only see about 2 inches of the pajama... almost like a dress or gown with leggings Smiley

Baji x
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #65 on: Mar 29, 2012 12:57 AM »

Wsalam,

Awww churidars are back??! I have the cutest picture of my mom wearing churidars and we're all babies... So cute how fashions come back. Maybe I should go thru her closet she had some pretty awesome Saris back then too!! Wink
Baji
Sis

Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #66 on: Mar 29, 2012 01:54 PM »

Tell me about it those old sari's were made differently and of waaaay better quality, my mum wore a sari from her wedding on my sisters wedding!!!

smileysis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #67 on: Apr 23, 2012 06:05 AM »

i have to go to a wedding this weekend n was checking out the styles...

holy moly
heart every single one of these!! where's hard2hit so i can make an order???1!!!!
i hope we can wear clothes like these in jannah inshallah sigh.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/fashiontags/bridal/pakistan-bridal-couture-week-12 my fave the hot pink salmon one after the couple one

& more gorgeousness http://www.aainabridal.com/

Baji
Sis

« Reply #68 on: Apr 23, 2012 12:26 PM »

Salaams
Bit of market research Sr Jannah how much would you be willing to pay for one of these outfits including delivery to you in USA? Our website is nearly there and i am thinking whether to add a bridal section as the lady i am working with in Pakistan makes lots of bridal outfits too and all of her's are made to measure.......

Baji x
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #69 on: Apr 23, 2012 04:56 PM »

wsalam,

ahhh see that's an interesting question. most of what we're posting here are designer off the runway stuff that go for thousands of dollars/pounds. but designer knockoffs of the same i'm not sure. i personally wouldn't want to pay a lot of money and order something so expensive from the internet without seeing it. i'd rather go to nyc/nj and try stuff on. i've seen some copies of stuff and the colors/fabrics the whole thing looks different! i think u could check out the prices of some other sites i think bargello actually does that? they post these designer pictures and then make copies to sell to ppl.
Nafs
« Reply #70 on: Apr 23, 2012 07:35 PM »

^ yeah I have called people out on FB ..well a certain group that I decided to bother with and follow around ..and when you looked at some of their replicas it was nothing like it! I just think it's better to post whatever the designer has made themselves then posting fancy pictures of models and what not.

BUT maybe some people don't care that much lol.
Baji
Sis

« Reply #71 on: Apr 24, 2012 01:10 PM »

we made a decision also to post up replicas where these had been done or email them out before an order is finalised so peoples expectations are realisitic!!!

sr Jannah i was the same have to go see / try clothes but then when i found the lady i use it was amazing service and because she asked for body measurements the fit was perfect. Admittedly when i go to pakistan usually there for work or functions that start straight away, so i don't have a huge amount of time for shopping so having clothes ready and there when you arrive is a blessing!!!

Baji
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #72 on: Jun 13, 2012 08:58 PM »

salams,

Wedding season!! Have a few close friends weddings coming up including Arab and Desi. I have a nice Arab outfit from my sis in law, but looking for something Amazing for the desi one. Anyone know of some really great stores in NY/NJ area? How about actually getting a dress in Pakistan or a replica of some amazing designer dress?? Anyone going to Pak this summer??
Baji
Sis

« Reply #73 on: Jun 26, 2012 04:54 PM »

Great one for mixed functions....with a little underscarf.... not sure on the colour though
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #74 on: Jun 26, 2012 05:31 PM »

^ That one is gorgeous I love pinks and reds and dark roses even fuscia! From what I understand that retails for 6k!! I think I'd rather buy a car or a house or something Wink I never seem to find any good replicas, they just never look like the real thing and also you have to kind of go to IndoPak or use one of those shady facebook tailors to get stuff made to measure and then it takes months. I think it's just easier to go to the desi areas and buy something off the rack from a boutique that is suitably nice. Yes it's probably a lot more expensive, but in limited time/situations its probably the best option.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: