Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 02:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: A dua on both your houses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Wedding season once again! Bridal & Fashion pics SIS ONLY PLEASE  (Read 56339 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 28, 2008 11:26 PM »

salam,

Yup it's almost wedding season, already have a few weddings lined up and inshallah some more will be coming up....

click to see up close

pic 1: i really like the rose-red color of the dupatta (what is this color called??)

pic2: loveee the color combination

pic3: just like this picture Wink
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008 11:28 PM »

Found this NYTimes article that featured a Pakistani wedding in Miami. Interesting pictures. Kinda weird about how they all "westernized" it, but interesting. I love the idea of matching saris for the bridesmaids!! Maybe for the mehndi that would be awesome.

Check out the slideshow for all the pics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/fashion/weddings/13vows.html

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008 11:30 PM »

These are dresses from a fashion show. All the detailed pics of each dresses are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/makz/125162361/in/set-72057594088223511/
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008 02:26 AM »

amazingly beautiful sari, love the peacock colors:
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008 04:28 AM »

Some more pics of stuff I liked: (is anyone reading this thread or should i stop?)

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2008 08:06 AM »

It seems like the new trend is multi-colored combinations of dresses. I dunno it could certainly go horribly wrong, but some of the color combinations seem nice.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2008 08:39 AM »

I don't know who this HSY guy is but I'm totally one day going to get a dress from him (iA!). These are just AMAZZZZINGGGG!!

Here's a link to one of his fashion shows:
http://vidpk.com/view_video.php?vid=11778

and his website:
http://hsystudio.com/

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2008 02:23 PM »

HSY starts his bridals at PKR 400,000.  And those are the very basic kinds.

It's ridiculous to pay that kinda money for something you'll wear once or twice. 

I reeeeally wanted to wear designer clothing on my wedding day.  It's just too expensive though.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2008 06:30 PM »

How much is that in US $? Most American brides will spend from $1000-3000 and will never wear their white dress again. But luckily for desis we can wear the wedding dresses again at other people's weddings and also our siblings weddings.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2008 11:11 PM »

that's $6000+

i'm sure because of recent inflation, he's found a reason to hike prices even further.

that emerald green one is such a nice a color. i absolutely love it.
Sociopath
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Sociopath has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2008 09:40 AM »

To date I haven’t enjoyed any of the weddings I’ve been to. They are far too extravagant and tasteless for my liking. Most have lost all cultural meaning and have become “western” if you like. Sweet and simple, that’s my style

P.s. I love the color turquoise !!!!

Don’t follow me, I’m lost too
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2008 09:26 AM »

Dang 6k is a little much.. I think I'd much rather buy.... a CAR!! driving But for real, I think I'd pay max 1-2k of my own money for one of those...gorrrrgeous. and the nice thing about desi wedding wear is that you can always wear them to other people's weddings/eid!! and you can pass them on too b/c desi fashion keeps coming around ever 20 years Wink

===========================================================

So some new pics from a Dubai fashion show. ( I had to cover some girls up their lenghas were wayyy too low and no one needs to see that anyways :p)

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2008 06:53 AM »

Here's some from another pakistani designer: atelier karma http://www.atelierkarma.com/

i sooo heart these!! mashallah mashallah

faint
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2008 01:31 PM »

I havent been to a single wedding this year:)

lovely outfits though:)

Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2008 07:09 PM »

There's always eid chica!! and you live right there in the fashion capital of the world... i say go out and splurge a little Smiley (ok not too much need gas money, but since u guys ride the subway should be ok lol)
LeylaNur
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
LeylaNur has no influence :(

Remembrance of Allah is the true source of peace..

« Reply #15 on: Aug 27, 2008 07:40 PM »

Shocked Soooooooooooo beautiful! Only thing is, looks like the sisters with the fat, bat-wing arms (the kind where if you fell off a building you would survive because the flab on your arms would act like wings!  Tongue) are out of luck, style-wise!  Undecided

Ahhh well.. Couldn't afford something GORGEOUS like that anyway.  fez

I try to remember to count my blessings each day because I have many:

To be thankful for my health, and that of my loved ones, the presence of my husband and the continuation of our marriage, that we can pay our bills and have food on the table..

So many blessings but often, so little thanks!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2008 09:24 AM »

I found my wedding dress!!!

(if only finding the groom part was as easy!)

isn't it GORGEOUS. I luv, luv, LOOOVE IT faint

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Oct 02, 2008 06:12 PM »

So much gorgeousness!!! Best thing to do is save these and print them out in color. Send it with someone going to Indo/Pak and they can get it made their by tailors for like 1/10th the price!!! Anyway sooo lovely ma'shallah...

============================

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2008 07:38 PM »

How gorgeous do they look in Indian clothes!!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Nov 06, 2008 10:51 PM »

salam,

this always seems to happen every so often in these fashion threads. someone always posts criticism about it being haram or "they would never do it". that's fine. let's do this, if you don't like this thread please don't click on it.

jazaks.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2008 06:02 AM »

http://www.mantraweddings.com

Beautiful pictures, ideas and tips.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2009 06:14 AM »

These are all new fashions from the 2008 Bridal Asia show. Some are soooooooooooooo gorgeeeous!!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2009 06:19 AM »

Bridal Asia show 2008
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2009 06:25 AM »

Bridal Asia Show 2008
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2009 06:28 AM »

Bridal Asia 2008 Show
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: