Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 11:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uneven skin tone?  (Read 11906 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jun 02, 2008 06:05 AM »

salam ladies  Grin  flowersis

Ok so I noticed lately that my hands are a totttally different color than my face and than my feet. They're like 5 shades darker! than my face and then my feet are like in between. Totally weird. It's probably a weird sun effect but it doesn't get back to normal in the winter? Any ideas how to fix it? I heard ubtan (sp?) can help with uneven skin tones but don't know anything about it except that they use it in India for brides?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2008 07:33 AM »

salam

Rub a lemon on the area...it will lighten the skin. And moisturise for goodness sakes woman, sounds like you are neglecting those overworked areas, hands and feet are always overlooked, they clearly need to be pampered.

Wassalaam
PS what's with all the pink??

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2008 07:39 AM »

ws,

yeah i have dry skin maybe that's what's messing it all up. i'll try the lemon. and i'll try to be good with sunscreen this summer so we'll see what happens. what's sad is that i'm sure people think i'm wearing a facemask of makeup because it looks like such a different color but really thats the real color!!! Smiley

i just love all this pink and all the hearts it makes me feel girly

(and i figure it'll keep the guys out they'll be like 'my eyesssss my eeyeees!'

(maybe i'll change it after awhile)
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2008 11:46 AM »

slm

i have that problem too with my hands, in fact the shade on my hand is much darker than the colour of the rest of my arm.  It mostly due to all the driving.  Sunblock helps but i find that Nivea Creme is very good.

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2008 11:53 AM »

Ubtan works!!!!

I'm not joking.  I used it minimally before I got married, although now I wish I hadn't been so anti-ubtan, and had started way back in October. 

I would put it on, let it dry, and then my sister would rub it off.  It was brutally painful, but it makes a noticeable difference (even the first time round).  I actually have a darker NECK than my face (it's natural too)... and the skin tone evened out with the ubtan.

Just don't do it everyday.  Once a week is better, otherwise your skin could break out.

Also you could try milk+saffron.  The thing is, it works better with unpasteurized milk, so if you can get some of that natural stuff, it makes a HUGE difference too.

Use sunscreen on your hands Smiley

Wasalaam.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2008 12:14 PM »

ws,

i just love all this pink and all the hearts it makes me feel girly

(and i figure it'll keep the guys out they'll be like 'my eyesssss my eeyeees!'

(maybe i'll change it after awhile)

Is it really all pink?  Because I see purple too, here.  The purple reduces the stark effect of pink.  And purple is my favourite colour!  Hmmm.... I like it!  But let's what you come up with next.

salam

Rub a lemon on the area...it will lighten the skin. And moisturise for goodness sakes woman, sounds like you are neglecting those overworked areas, hands and feet are always overlooked, they clearly need to be pampered.

Wassalaam
PS what's with all the pink??

My hands and feet are a different colour to the rest of me.  I never thought of using lemon on those areas though!  Interesting! I have kind of accepted the dark colours on those areas.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Wafa
Sis

Wafa has no influence :(

*Just dream it*

« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2008 02:18 AM »

Slm,

What's ubtan? I've heard of the miracle scrub, east african's call Hamam Makrabi. It's supposed 2 work wonder's on your skin.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, “I used everything you gave me."
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2008 09:42 AM »

What's ubtan?

Some kind of flour and spices mix used in the Indian subcontinent. No idea how to make it though. Maybe they sell it at the local grocery stores?
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2008 11:12 PM »

I've never considered lemon juice for skin lightening/skin tone evening; but I suppose if it lightens hair it should work equally well on skin.  I tend to stick to coco or shea butter or I admit it will grab a tube or jar of whatever contains hydroquinone. 

We do indeed have to remember to take time to pamper ourselves.  So I try to make it a point to remember to soak my feet when watching tv; fell asleep once enjoying the vibrating massage of the foot bath I bought until the water got cold.  Our feet carry all of our weight and take a lot of abuse from driving etc.  So I even bought one of those Ped Egg things and after I got beyond the "it's like a cheese grater" and "eeewweeeee" after emptying it I now have "open back sandal" feet like a normal person.  My grandmother and great-grandmother believed in simply using petroleum jelly on their hands and feet and using socks or gloves to sleep in.  Guess it works wonders but I cannot sleep wearing socks.  I also guess there was wisdom in using gloves when washing dishes or doing housework; all the harsh cleansers rob the hands of moisture too and make them rough and rugged.

Fa'izah
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2008 06:23 PM »

salam

topical cortisone creams will lighten the skin.  hydroquinone stuff also work. 

exfoliation by utban or moroccan soap will remove outer layers of skin but the pigmentation is deeper than that. And it is kinda harsh and drying. 

If you want to prevent hyperpigmentaion, reduce exposure to sun by wearing cloves even in summer.  with time the skin will lighten up. 

take care
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #10 on: Jun 05, 2008 07:27 AM »

salam

we have had all soaps and over-the-counter creams banned that contained hydroquinone.  it is dangerous to use, and should only be prescribed by a dermatologist.  There are many more products out there now, so most doctors I know stay away from products containing hydroquinone anyway.  i have seen women horribly scarred (esp on the face) from using the hydroquinone on their cheeks and forehead, and it scared me off any kind of "skin bleaching" agents, forever.

be careful, its your skin, the largest organ of your body, and very sensitive.
Consult your doctor first, thats my advice. 
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Jun 05, 2008 09:29 AM »

wsalam,

oh wow why is hydroquinone dangerous and how does it cause scars? like it burns the skin or something? that must be the michael jackson effect!! i definitely don't want to bleach my skin!! i like being brown. i just want my hands/feet to be the normal color i am. i'm assuming that isn't my normal color but is due to repeated tanning over life or the scarf effect cuz they are way darker. for some reason. my face tans a little but then it burns and goes back to being paler after awhile but my hands and feet stay darker, but maybe that's something that just never goes away? is everyones hands and feet way darker than anything else? anyways i just want to even everything out back to my natural color  :'(

ps what about chemical peels? do they do chemical peels of hands? kinda weird huh cute
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #12 on: Jun 05, 2008 01:37 PM »

peace be upon you

I believe that most hydroquinone-containing creams have been banned in the US as well?  It should be...

The full extent of the dangers of hydroquinone are still being studied.  It's been a while since I had any exposure to dermatology, but this is what I remember:

-It contains certain heavy metals (mercury? ) anyway, which can cause damage to your liver and kidneys, and cause cancer, and other problems associated with mercury poisoning
-It works REALLY well, so you just want to keep using and using it BUT
-The longer you use it, the more it accumulates in the body
-It can cause you to be DARKER, after you stop using it
-Some discolouration (grey and black coloured plaques) and raising of the skin can occur afterwards
-Safety in pregnancy not established, but is found in breastmilk

The women I saw (there are thousands in Africa-as we suffer from the disease of wanting to be fairer)...had really dark patches, looked like bad scars on their faces.  They occured probably after stopping hydroquinone, and then getting into the sun etc...scary.

Basically it's just not worth it.

I am not sure about chemical peels. Depends on who's doing it?  Again, your dermatologist should be able to help.  You guys are lucky, we dont have nay cosmetic dermatologists where I am from.  So no Ava Shamban treatments:( such a shame, she works miracles!

take care of your skin people
and sorry i dont have any tips (if you knew me, you'd know I am about 7 different colours...made from 7 different colour clay Grin

Salam
7-coloured S purplehijabisis princesssis pinkhijabisis hijabisis shaykha niqabisis sis
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2008 10:06 PM »

NOPE my hands and body are ALOT lighter than my face. This happened when I was around.  fifteen. and I know its not the sun because in the summer my hands would get realy dark till the elbow and winter go bak to being normal..but my face doesnt ..I dont know why and I dont know what happened? any help?
Sociopath
Sis

Sociopath has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Aug 08, 2008 09:47 AM »

I have the exact same problem, my legs are ghost white (they never see the light of day), my face is honey, and my hands are tea colored. But now that I think about I wouldn’t really call it a problem I quite like the contrast...

If you r going to try that lemon thing dilute the lemon juice the acid is far to strong!!

Don’t follow me, I’m lost too
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2008 07:10 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

wow that's poetic:

my face is honey
and my hands are tea
my eyes are chocolate
and my lips pepsi 

Smiley

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2008 07:44 AM »

lol  watchu been smokin bebzi

as salaamu alaykum,

wow that's poetic:

my face is honey
and my hands are tea
my eyes are chocolate
and my lips pepsi 

Smiley

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2008 12:10 PM »

Day before yday, I met a lady and her daughter ...

Anyway, she was saying how her daughter uses:

chickpea flour
yoghurt
turmeric
lemon

in a paste, to help even out her skin tone.  The girl had very even skin tone.  Worth a try?
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2008 03:13 PM »

Assalamalaikum.. Smiley
chickpea flour
yoghurt
turmeric
lemon

in a paste, to help even out her skin tone.
i use dis combination once in a week n its work for me sis...chickpea or here we call it besan...dis works good for normal skin ...and also acts as a natural facial..instead of yoghurt try milk...

...hope dis wrks for u... flowers4u goodvibes

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: