// Completely biased reporting on Palestine
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: You can never have enough garlic. With enough garlic, you can eat The New York Times. - Morley Safer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely biased reporting on Palestine  (Read 1138 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 08, 2008 08:14 AM »

Last week I turned on NPR expecting to hear some news on how the Palestinians were doing in Gaza and the lead first story was an Israeli quoting how Palestinians incited these attacks on Gaza and that everything they do to them is justified in the name of protecting Israel. The interviewer went on to ask how Israel should defend itself and how Israeli citizens were feeling. I think I was shocked for a full minute even though I probably shouldn't be. How do they just take innocent people who are the victims and make them into the criminals? It's just unbelievable. It's like as if you're standing for trial for murder but you were the one that was murdered and your murderer is the one right there prosecuting you! Complete injustice. Complete wrong.

Thank God we believe in an afterlife where full justice will be given to everyone. You know there are some really evil people out there. Now we know why those stricter verses are there in the Quran. They'll definitely get what they deserve in judgement.

And now the main headlines are all about the seminary shooting. While horrible it's as if an Israeli never shot up people praying at a mosque before? A lone gunman obviously mentally disturbed gets article after article, hours and hours of footage of grieving Israelis gathering at the school, mourning, the funeral. And last week's and the current week's attempt at brutal genocide by an entire country's government in Gaza is completely ignored.

Gaza conditions 'at 40-year low'
The groups say a battered, starved Gaza cannot be a peace partner

Conditions in Gaza
Gaza's humanitarian situation is at its worst since Israel occupied the territory in 1967, say UK-based human rights and development groups. They include Amnesty International, Save the Children, Cafod, Care International and Christian Aid. They criticise Israel's blockade on Gaza as illegal collective punishment which fails to deliver security.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7280026.stm
sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2008 01:47 AM »

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

Whenever I think about what's happening in Gaza, it reminds me of how truth will be like falsehood, and falsehood like truth towards the end of time.
I emailed my representative.  To paraphrase his response, he will pretty much support Israel no matter what.
Is critical thinking dead? Makes us seriously think about moving overseas.
May Allah help them and return some izza to this ummah.
sofia

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2008 06:05 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

I was SO annoyed at the BBC for this..usually they don't show their bias so blatantly, but this event has a "World reacts to shooting" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7282567.stm) along with about five different articles on it.

Oh, and I guess this gives them the go-ahead to build more homes on Palestinian land: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7286264.stm

And the icing on the cake: "US President George W Bush also said that he was optimistic that the two sides could reach an agreement by the end of his term." Silly deluded man.

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2008 07:30 PM »

Follow up:

What can we do? File a complaint for a start.

http://www.mpacuk.org/content/view/4454/34/

Action Alert - Israeli lives mean more to BBC than Palestinian lives!     
Friday, 07 March 2008

actionalert.jpgShould we be surprised by the BBC’s biased  reporting-once again?

Yesterday’s headlines were dominated by the attack on a Mercaz HaRav seminary which left 8 Israelis dead.

The BBC gave full coverage to this tragic incident, with headlines throughout the day, accompanied by heartbreaking clips of Israeli families mourning their loved ones.

Compare this to the BBC’s coverage of Gaza just a matter of days ago. Virtually ignored.

Over 120 Palestinians were murdered by Israelis - including 39 children and a one month old baby girl – but the BBC clearly did not deem this news important enough. Demonstrating a clear, unashamed bias against the innocent Palestinians.

Are Israeli lives more valuable to the BBC than the lives of Palestinians?

MPACUK condemn any attack against civilians whether they be Israeli or Palestinian; however for an institution such as the BBC to display such blatant bias is wholly unacceptable; for the BBC to disregard the crises in Gaza as not-newsworthy is deplorable.

MPACUK urge you to write to the BBC and complain against this prejudiced reporting.

Write to the BBC at:

BBC Complaints,
PO Box 1922,
Glasgow G2 3WT

Or Email: Send your complaint

Alternatively you can call them on 08700 100 222* to make your complaint and ask them to give you a call back with an appropriate response.

Email your responses to us at info@mpacuk.org and we will publish them on our website. The BBC needs to be held accountable.

* calls from a BT line cost up to 6p per minute (some operators and mobiles vary) and may be recorded for training

BBC Complaints process
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2008 06:43 AM »

Arab Media Watch released this report. This is exactly what goes on:

NewspaperJournalistPalestinian AttackIsraeli Attack
The IndepenentEric SilverMassacreViolence

Carnage
The Daily Mail

Matthew KalmanFiring IndiscriminatelyViolence
CarnageOffensive
BloodbathCampaign
Frantic
Atrocity