// With whom in Jannah?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Simplicity: The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness. ' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: With whom in Jannah?  (Read 3257 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jun 07, 2008 12:44 AM »

Asalam alaikum Sister,

I was just wondring about one question that a sis asked me other day. She married to a person who her family choose for her even though she really liked someone else and he was even better in Deen then the one her parents choose for her so anyway she married only for the sake of Allah and her parents so her question was whether she will have choice in Jannah to marry person of her own choice or again she will have to have her current husband in Jannah of her parents choice.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2008 02:07 AM »

asak
I used to think about this and even have read a fatwa or two on the subject.
Then one day it just dawned on me that it will be paradise. Our reward. We will have no sorrow or worries. So I have relaxed and Insha Allah, by Allah swt Mercy I make it to paradise, I will have the best of companion for me and I will be very grateful.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2008 07:03 AM »

salam,

There is a very famous hadith of Ras saw: yusharr al marru man ahabb "One is raised in the company of those they love" on the Day of J. So you will be with the one you love. 

Sounds good to me heart
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2008 11:18 AM »

Interesting.

like what if we didn't marry our real other half?  like what if our other half died when he was 16 of a brain tumor, and we married a guy who's other half actually married someone else altogether, and is unhappy because she loved someone but was unable to marry him because her parents forced her to marry the other guy.  and what if 20 years down the road she becomes happy with her husband (not her other half), and wishes to be with HIM in jannah... but alas - her other half was really someone else.

what of the people who remarry after divorce or death. what if they loved both, equally.

yes, this confounds me too. i like kathy's thought.
Ehsan
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2008 12:04 PM »

Assalamualaikum

According to Imam Ibrahim Desai, if you loved more than one husband during your lifetime you choose who you want to be with, we have to remember that feelings such as jealousy or remorse etc. are negative on earth, but such negative feelings do not exist in paradise, so you would be happy regardless.

and Allah knows best.

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2008 09:14 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt,

All praise be to Allah.

It appears this question is not about a previous husband, rather someone else.  In either case, these feelings are haram and the sister should try to rid herself of them. 

Shaykh Rajab Abu Maleeh Says:

It is not lawful for a married woman to desire somebody other than her husband whether in this world or in the Hereafter. It is stipulated in Islam that both spouses find satisfaction in one another, that is, that neither of them is to look lustfully at a person other than his or her spouse. If a married woman feels that she is about to fall in love with a man other than her husband, or that an old love story of hers is waking in her heart, she must immediately awaken herself to the fear of Allah and do her best so that she can block all the ways leading to that thorny path. 

You should know that there are steps of marital breach; each step taken leads to a further (and riskier) one. The first step starts when a woman desires a man other than her husband and seeks to be where he is and talk with him, which leads, at the end, to the ruin of her marital life.

Some women are with their husbands just in body, while their heart and soul are with someone else.

Anyway, we appreciate your giving up this sin. By this you fall under those about whom Almighty Allah says: “And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,—and who can forgive sins except Allah?—and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done” (Aal `Imran: 135).

You have remembered Almighty Allah and so you have given up this sin. But you should faithfully continue the way of repentance. If you are to accomplish it, you will be rendered worthy of the great reward mentioned in Almighty Allah’s words: “For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,—an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!” (Aal `Imran: 136).

Hence, we advise you, dear sister, to do the following:

1. Continue cutting off your relationship with that man altogether; do not ever talk to him or contact him in any way, or wish to be engaged to him even in Paradise.

2. Try your best to get closer to your husband and give him a chance to express his feelings to you.

Try to be a loyal and amiable wife who can accept her husband’s imperfections, and go on in your life with him.

If you are still in need of more information, don’t hesitate to contact us. Do keep in touch. May Allah guide us all to the straight path!

Allah Almighty knows best.

And all success lies in following the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger, may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2008 10:43 PM »

As-Salaamu `alaykum,
Dear Sister,

Marriage is one of the things that is permanent in Islam, thats why the 'Mothers of the Believers' never remarried after the death of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw), because they wanted to be reunited with him in the hereafter.

Thus, we are advised to marry someone we want to be with; in this world as well as the hereafter.

I hope this help Insha`Allah,

Take care,
W`salaam

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Ehsan
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2008 01:22 AM »

Assalamualaikum

According to Imam Ibrahim Desai, if you loved more than one husband during your lifetime you choose who you want to be with, we have to remember that feelings such as jealousy or remorse etc. are negative on earth, but such negative feelings do not exist in paradise, so you would be happy regardless.

and Allah knows best.

Just to clarify, my response is for Sister JustOne's question. As for the intial thread question, Abdurahmans response is appropriate advise inshallah

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2008 09:57 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt,

Just a couple comments:

Brother Ehsan, welcome I am very happy to meet you.  May Allah let us all attain the beneficial knowledge.  It is nice to read your posts.

Sister Umm Uboodi, just a general comment, it is not permissable to invalidate the Ijtihad of a scholar, either by saying his opinion is outdated or out of touch or not in context.  This is well known in Fiqh, one ijtihad cannot invalidate another.  This is why none of the Madhabs invalidate the others, rather they all co-exist.  We must respect the opinions of the Ulema.

Brother Cheese, you should be careful what you say.  Do you remember the hadith in Saheeh Muslim:  "The bankrupt is not the person without wealth, it is he who slanders others, then comes on the day of Judgement with prayer and fasting and good works, and then all of it is taken away by those he slandered, or if he has no good deeds, he takes on their bad deeds, and is thrown into the hell-fire."

One should be careful when slandering the Ulema.  You do not know their intentions.

And Allah knows better.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: