Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

To biryani, or not to biryani.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's new with Blessedgrandma  (Read 1837 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Jun 16, 2008 12:40 AM »

Salaam Allaikum All,
I still have no computer and am using a library pc.
But I miss you all and pray everyone is doing well.
What's new with Blessedgrandma???
Well, my kidding season (season of babies being born on the farm) is over till fall.
I have been blessed with many beautiful baby goats, many twins and triplets.
I hope to post pictures in the near future.
Been busy studying and getting ready for summer quarter at the University.

Planted my garden, been doing a lot of sewing and
my anxious for my new baby granddaughter to be born here shortly (end of August)
My granddaughter is really looking forward to being a big sister.
Hard to believe she will be 5 in Sept already. Shocked
Time flies.
All my Medina family is in my prayers and I hope to have more time to read posts in the next couple weeks Inshallah.
Hugs to my sisters and Salaams to my brothers.
Blessedgrandma
Ode
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Ode has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2008 03:59 AM »

Alaikumsalaam Blessedgrandma...
subhanallah...such a lovely life. Alhamdulillah.
I am sharing with you my excitement also as I am about to become a grandmother too. I am an adopted mother, and my eldest daughter is now 18 and is now pregnant with her first child. I am soooo...looking forward to having the baby in my arms insya Allah...
Salaam Sis...
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2008 04:24 AM »

Walaikumsalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

have been missing you blessedgrandma! Its good to hear that all is well alhumdulilah.  Farming is hard work but it looks like it may come with many blessings and rewards.
Today my husbands grandmother died.. it was sad but a good reminder that death can come anytime. May Allah swt forgive our sins, ease our difficulties, and guide us.

May Allah swt bless both yours and Ode's grandaughters with good health and happiness and may they be the apple of your eyes.

take care

love,
blackrose
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2008 09:38 PM »

Sister Ode, all I can tell you is being a grandmother is like nothing you've ever experienced.
One never thinks they can love anything or anyone more than their own children until they become a grandmother.
It is a blessing from Allah so high up on the list of blessing Allah gifts us with.

Sister Blackrose, I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands grandmother.
May Allah make things easy for you, your husband and the family.

I've so many things to share with all of you, so many wonderful things.
But am short on time.
My life feels so wonderful Alhumdilliah.
I love being out in the country with mountains to all four sides of me.
To be greeted each morning with smells off fresh air, flowers and yes even animals smells.
The snickers and bayings of my goats.
The apples, nuts and pears so tiny just starting to grow on my trees.

Things have been much better between my son and I (Alhumdilliah)
He and his wife, my mother and my granddaughter came last month for the weekend and
it was a very pleasurable visit and went surprisingly well.

I find having no PC, I am much more productive in my prayers, studies, farm and sewing.
I didn't realize how depressed I was before and how I counted on my PC for socialization.
The depression of family issues, the depression of living in a rainy climate (Alhumdilliah I was able to move)
Sunshine sure is a blessing we all need to bask in and allow it to nurture us.
But farming and working is also a blessing which I find healing to both body and mind.

I have decided that the PC was really hindering my spiritually, emotionally and even in my business
thus effecting my earnings so I have chosen not to hook my PC back.
I'll use the library to post here and do research on my studies.
For me I wish to strengthen my new habit of not being on the PC so much.

I am so happy my sisters and brothers and feeling so much at peace for the first time in many, many years.
I wish all my sisters could come visit me. Inshallah, maybe some day.
Will see about posting pictures of the baby goats and gardens as soon as I can Inshallah.
Hugs to my sisters and Salaams to my brothers,
purplehijabisis
Ehsan
Bro

Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2008 01:53 AM »

Assalamualaikum,

May Allah prolong your peace and happiness ameen. I wont ever be a grandma (because im male lol) but it seems your excited which is great!

I wanted to know, since your probably the most argriculturally sound person on the boards, what would you say regarding Islam amonst the rural workers - im ignorant about farming unfortunately even in the western world despite passing a farm every day to lecture my students - but would you say they have the same means of reaching islamic sources and material and recieve da'wah ?

What improvements can muslims make towards rural areas? etc.

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2008 08:47 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

May Allah prolong your peace and happiness ameen. I wont ever be a grandma (because im male lol) but it seems your excited which is great!
Thank you for your kind words Brother.
By the way I hear being a grandfather is as joyful and wonderful as being a grandmother. Smiley

I wanted to know, since your probably the most argriculturally sound person on the boards, what would you say regarding Islam amonst the rural workers - im ignorant about farming unfortunately even in the western world despite passing a farm every day to lecture my students - but would you say they have the same means of reaching islamic sources and material and recieve da'wah ?
Forgive me please,  I would like to think upon this more before answering.
Many thoughts come to mind, yet I'm not sure my thoughts are really answers to your question.

Improvements?  I would say caring for the land without chemicals.
Composting and using that as fertilizer. The main improvement? Actually using the land. I drive and see so many
people with raw land and nothing on it  Sad and I feel a sadness in my heart knowing there are so many hungry
people out there and land that can be used to grow crops or fed animals but is empty.
In the state where I live there are people with apple, pear and other fruit trees and each year I see fruit,
just tons of fruit falling to the ground rotting cause no one takes the time to pick it and pass it on to those who would appreciate it. Sad :'( It not only saddens me, it angers me.
I'm thinking of a project to start where we can get property owners permission to
come get the fruit they don't use and take the good fruit to a food bank and the not so good fruit to farms to feed animals. Inshallh I can get such a program going.

GET OUT of those big cities and get a piece of land and grow your own food, teach your children to grow gardens and take care of animals. Live simply, simply live oldshaykh
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2008 08:47 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

My life feels so wonderful Alhumdilliah.
I love being out in the country with mountains to all four sides of me.
To be greeted each morning with smells off fresh air, flowers and yes even animals smells.
The snickers and bayings of my goats.

Mashallah it sounds wonderful...I just got reminded of Heidi and her grandfather's house on the mountain and all the goats..heaven!

It does sound wonderful and peaceful but I'm sure it's a lot of hard work too...and I hope to be just as active when I'm older Smiley

Keep posting your updates, I love reading them!

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose  xx
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2008 11:22 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

It does sound wonderful and peaceful but I'm sure it's a lot of hard work too...

It doesn't seem like work to me. Must be cause it is so pleasurable to me.
and I hope to be just as active when I'm older Smiley

Keep posting your updates, I love reading them!

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose  xx

Shocked   How old do you think I am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just 46. Very young and hope to be doing these things well into my 50's, 60's and 70's Inshallah Wink
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2008 02:50 PM »

Ooooh I didn't mean you're old  Lips Sealed! Just meant when I'm oldER, as in an adult, y'know with a job and a family and everything...and then have the energy to do extra stuff like gardening and farming as well.... Smiley

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose

Ehsan
Bro

Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2008 10:02 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

Some very good and strong views you have there sister, i certainly for one will be taking them on board with my family inshAllah.

I do look forward to your response regarding the question you didnt answer immediately Cheesy

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: