Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Ikhlaas is to forget the vision of creation by constantly looking at the Creator. - Abu Uthman
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Purifying mattress?  (Read 1281 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jul 10, 2008 09:27 AM »

I was wondering what do the sisters with children do to clean the najasa off a mattress if it had an accident? I blotted and then wetted it but there must be ways that people prevent this, and as well cleaning it that is practical and better. I feel that it is not %100 pure anymore bercause of the insides of it. Am I paranoid or I should clean more?

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2008 02:27 PM »

salam

I tend to use washable matress protectors. You can also get disposable ones too.

It's prolly too late now, but on wet thing dump a whole load bicarb soda on it and then vacuum up  (should be done immediately). If you're really upset you can use upholstery cleaner on your mattress and let it dry out before flipping it over and sleeping on the other side of it.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2008 11:32 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt,

All praise be to Allah.

Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen was asked this question, and he replied:

"The way to clean a large mattress from impurities (najassah): 

1.  First you must remove the actual impurity itself if it is visible.  If it is solid, then it should be taken away, and if it is liquid like urine it should be wiped up with a sponge until it is completely removed.

2.  Then water should be poured on the spot (and wiped up) until one thinks all traces of the impurity has been removed, or the impurity is gone.  This is achieved in the case of things like urine by rinsing it two or three times.

3.  As for squeezing out the mattress, this is not necessary, unless one thinks the impurity has penetrated inside it and it cannot be removed except by squeezing it out, than in this case it must be squeezed out. "

End quote by Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2008 10:56 AM »

Also... if you have the space... pick a nice sunny day and leave all your mattresses outside for a couple of hours.  Does wonders for that awful mattress stench.  Even with regular unsoiled mattresses, sometimes the sun is the best way to get that "freshness" back.

flowers4u

Wasalaam.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: