// Obama: Magazine insulted Muslim Americans
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Accountability: The Prophet said: 'The burden of proof is upon the plaintiff and the taking of oath is upon the defendant.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama: Magazine insulted Muslim Americans  (Read 1092 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Jul 16, 2008 03:13 PM »

Obama: Magazine insulted Muslim Americans

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25698555
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2008 05:47 PM »

salam

It is also Obama who is insulting American and other Muslims by omitting his middle name (Hussain) and not sparing any living minute saying that he is not muslim. OK we got it you are not, but your father is. Your step father is (or was, not sure if he is still alive).   Why not be proud of your heritage man!  And you know what, even with all of that,  very few white americans truly believe him regarding his religion.  Embrace your heritage man! It is not like you are running from the plague!!

What a sham!

OK, needed to get that off my chest.  Feel much better now. Phew ...

wassalam
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2008 10:36 PM »

Walaikumsalaam

It is also Obama who is insulting American and other Muslims by omitting his middle name (Hussain) and not sparing any living minute saying that he is not muslim. OK we got it you are not, but your father is. Your step father is (or was, not sure if he is still alive).   Why not be proud of your heritage man!  And you know what, even with all of that,  very few white americans truly believe him regarding his religion.  Embrace your heritage man! It is not like you are running from the plague!!

What a sham!

OK, needed to get that off my chest.  Feel much better now. Phew ...
Im not sure how he insulting muslims by omitting his middle name?  How do you know that is his middle name? By the way many people do not use their middle name.

I think the reason he has to repeat it over and over again that he is not Muslim is because people continue to spread the false rumor.  And as you already said 'very few white americans believe him regarding his religion.'

His father went on to become an atheist and his stepfather was not a practicing Muslim.

I think the fact that he recognizes that associating terrorism w Islam is insulting to Muslims is a huge thing. Plus openly saying that in public is even bigger w/o the fear of people.

After skimming through his books, reading about him, listening to his speeches, hearing and watching him on the news, getting a first account on him by a friend who met him, I have to say Im truly a fan!

It is not known for someone to be very high in politics to be so honest and humble. It is not known for someone in that position to readily admit his mistakes and do his best not to smear other candidates (even if they are doing to him) .

If you read his book then you will know that he understands the fears of the Muslims and recognizes the stereotyping and fear mongering going on in the states.

I have to say I will be proud to have him as the president of my country.
ruqayyah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
ruqayyah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2008 01:50 AM »

Salams, 

Yeah, i'm reading his book at the moment (the first one 'Dreams from my father') and I'm liking what I read so far...this guy understands what it is like to be a minority and for a President of the USA to understand that can only be a good thing.

wasalams
optimisstt
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
optimisstt has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2008 02:15 AM »

That is the only way he  should try to win but who knows what he is hiding inside
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: