Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shariah TV in New York...  (Read 1350 times)
ruqayyah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
ruqayyah has no influence :(

« on: Jul 18, 2008 01:37 AM »

Salams,

Has anybody been watching Shariah TV? Any thoughts?

http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/S/shariahtv/

Ehsan
Bro

Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2008 10:18 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

Yes i have, i have to say im a tad dissapointed at the "islamic" scholars theyve chosen for the panels, they all seem to promote a watered down version of Islam that is highly "liberal". Just my 2 cents.

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2008 06:26 AM »

Interesting. They must show it in England only. I do like watching Islamchannel from England. They have some lovely shows. I really like the personalities. They seem pretty moderate and mainstream. Wish we got the channel here Sad

ws
Ehsan
Bro

Ehsan has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2008 01:24 PM »

I think Islam Channel has lost a vast amount of it's muslim audience, with the only decent program in my opinion is IslamQA. The director himself according to sheikh yusuf estes said "the channel is not for muslims but for non muslims" - justifying why the content is not strictly according to the Quran and Sunnah in some parts. Sheikh yusuf estes as a result has vowed not to go back to it, and as you can see Peace TV is his new home. I would easily recommmend Peace TV over islam channel for authentic information.

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: