// Going back to school advice request
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Nature: The Prophet said: 'If a Muslim plants a seedling or cultivates a field, whenever a bird a human or an animal eats of it, it will be counted as a charity for him.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going back to school advice request  (Read 3327 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Dec 31, 2007 10:17 AM »

Salaam Allaikum
Any advice for an old lady going back to school?
I really want to be successful in my studies.
Already have my books and this next couple days will read the first chapter
for each class. I may of over did it cause I'm taking 4 classes for a total of
18 credits. That may not of been to wise for the first quarter.

purplehijabisis
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2007 10:56 AM »

peace be upon you

If you're happy you'll have time to do all four classes then go for it.

My advice would be, dont forget to take a pen with you (preferrably one that actually works), and dont be late on the first day, it'll make you even more nervous. But other than that relax and have fun.

I love studying (bar the first two that I managed on my first day but a lot of it wasnt actually my fault).

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007 04:16 PM »

salamsmiley

My advice for you would be to always remember why you went back to study in the first place.  We tend to start our academic journey for the sake of love of knowledge but end up pressuring ourselves to do better and better and thus lose the passion along the way.

Things may be tough but if you hold on to the love and passion you have for knowledge, lillahi ta'aala, it should be smooth sailing for you.

All the very best.

Wassalam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: