// Wish to know the meaning
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Life is short, time is precious, death near, and the distance to travel great, while the moment of standing before God to account for everything, however insignificant, is daunting and hard," - Imam al-Haddad
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish to know the meaning  (Read 1694 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jul 22, 2008 08:38 AM »

Dear friends,

Assalamu alaikum....

My sister is going to deliver  a baby girl very soon and is very fond of the name ALMASHA..
I browsed the net but couldnt find the name anywhere.... can somebody please let me know if ALMASHA means anything.. if so the meaning and evidence...

JazakAllah

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2008 09:44 PM »

Walaikum salaam wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

I found two meanings for the word " al-Mashaa'" in my dictionary, one good and one bad:

1.  An itinerant, ie. someone who is always traveling and moving from one place to another.

2.  A paripatetic, talebearer, ie someone who carries news about others, like nameemah.

This is according to the dictionary Al-Qamoos.

From the rights of a child is that the father choose a good and beautiful name for the child.  I hope this is helpful for you.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
peaceman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
peaceman has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2008 09:42 AM »

Salam alaikum wrb,

One of the other meaning of Almesha, depending on how it is spelled in arabic, means "Whey".

Salam alaikum wrb

May Allah increase you in knowledge.
Take a look at my site:  http://www.tajwid.info

Also a good site with several mp3 durus of beneficial knowledge from our ulema, fiqh explaining the book "bulgh Maram" , Q&A, http://www.imamfaisal.com
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2008 05:55 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

A similar name I've heard is Almaas (with the letter 'seen' not 'sheen') which means diamond.  Smiley storkgirl
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2008 06:14 PM »

salam

I think the meanings quoted below is for Almash-shaa', with a "shaddah" on the "sheen".    I am not sure what Almasha, with a soft "sheen",  means to be honest. 

Walaikum salaam wrt wb,

1.  An itinerant, ie. someone who is always traveling and moving from one place to another.

2.  A paripatetic, talebearer, ie someone who carries news about others, like nameemah.

take care
wassalam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: